PDA

View Full Version : xmt 360 review

Pages : [1] 2

12v
10-21-2008, 08:06 PM
ok first off i love this product. Ill explain why in this thread

First test i did an 03 red blazer using it. The hood, and the flat spots were covered in water spots which i used other products to treat. but the doors and rear tailgate section i used xmt 360 only. this car hasnt seen wax since it was bought!

second test was a huge challenge for this bad boy. polished my toolbox with it :D my toolbox is blue probably about 5 or 6 years old (bought it used who knows) been wiped down a few times with window cleaner,rags, lived in a woodshop a bodyshop.... its been through war. swirl marks dont even describe the condition of this thing lol.

After using this product only a couple of times i got a good idea of what it is capable of doing and what its not capable of.

First thing I love.... quick and simple. this stuff goes away quick... no need to polish one section for 5-7 minutes at a time. 2 minutes at most and you are good to go.

Second thing i like. It actually works. as far as i can tell it has no fillers. My toolbox is a single stage paint job. my white pad was completely blue when i was done, so it did indeed polish the paint. It got rid of about 80% of the swirls. Have no doubt that using a heavy cut pad would have created better results. Results on the blazer i did were even better. the doors and the rear section were completely scar free except for the heavy scratches which i dont think compound could even fix. paint was clear deep and could actually see the flakes for the first time. (could also see the crappy factory paint job orange peel too) garaged it over night topped it of with nattys red and was more then happy with the outcome.

Future uses of this product for me and my reccomendations:

this product simply allows you to skip steps. when i have a customer that doesnt want to drop their car off for a couple of days i can go from a heavy polish to this, then top it off with wax and im done. no need for an extra time consuming lighter polish, then seperate sealent. 360 takes care of both of these steps in one. ofcourse it doesnt beat the multi step procedure, but it does a good job for what it is

The perfect use? how about that car thats sitting on the side of the road with a for sale sign on it? quick little 4 hour wash clay polish to boost up the value??? this stuff is just awesome for what it is. cant wait to try a heavier cut pad with this

sriquixotic
10-21-2008, 09:01 PM
sounds so good I might just buy it, but I could of sworn I read somewhere on this forum that it contained fillers.

rwisejr
10-22-2008, 05:38 AM
It does have some light filling capabilities. but is pad dependant and does really remove alot of defects when used with the appropriate pad . It is one of my favorite one step products. I usually top it with Optiseal really great results. P.S. it really has great cleaning ability.

Wendell Jarvis
10-22-2008, 06:35 AM
I had to comment on this product too (XMT 360) I too was really suprised with the product, especially being a all in one solution, cleaner,polish and seals,, but after using it on my personal vehicle (before putting it on customers car) I was really amazed, its so easy to work with, does require large amounts of the product and the outcome was a real shocker, It left a nice sleek clean and shine to my car, for the little work thats involved,this is a fantastic product....I bought it on BOGO and was real skeptical, but it sure has won my approval...........now put it back on the BOGO page and I will swoop up more of this product !! I give it 5 STARS...Great Product

Wendell Jarvis
10-22-2008, 06:37 AM
ok first off i love this product. Ill explain why in this thread

First test i did an 03 red blazer using it. The hood, and the flat spots were covered in water spots which i used other products to treat. but the doors and rear tailgate section i used xmt 360 only. this car hasnt seen wax since it was bought!

second test was a huge challenge for this bad boy. polished my toolbox with it :D my toolbox is blue probably about 5 or 6 years old (bought it used who knows) been wiped down a few times with window cleaner,rags, lived in a woodshop a bodyshop.... its been through war. swirl marks dont even describe the condition of this thing lol.

After using this product only a couple of times i got a good idea of what it is capable of doing and what its not capable of.

First thing I love.... quick and simple. this stuff goes away quick... no need to polish one section for 5-7 minutes at a time. 2 minutes at most and you are good to go.

Second thing i like. It actually works. as far as i can tell it has no fillers. My toolbox is a single stage paint job. my white pad was completely blue when i was done, so it did indeed polish the paint. It got rid of about 80% of the swirls. Have no doubt that using a heavy cut pad would have created better results. Results on the blazer i did were even better. the doors and the rear section were completely scar free except for the heavy scratches which i dont think compound could even fix. paint was clear deep and could actually see the flakes for the first time. (could also see the crappy factory paint job orange peel too) garaged it over night topped it of with nattys red and was more then happy with the outcome.

Future uses of this product for me and my reccomendations:

this product simply allows you to skip steps. when i have a customer that doesnt want to drop their car off for a couple of days i can go from a heavy polish to this, then top it off with wax and im done. no need for an extra time consuming lighter polish, then seperate sealent. 360 takes care of both of these steps in one. ofcourse it doesnt beat the multi step procedure, but it does a good job for what it is

The perfect use? how about that car thats sitting on the side of the road with a for sale sign on it? quick little 4 hour wash clay polish to boost up the value??? this stuff is just awesome for what it is. cant wait to try a heavier cut pad with this
:goodpost:

nrengle
10-22-2008, 08:20 AM
I'm sold. I need a good one step AIO...

robb01
10-22-2008, 08:50 AM
Great write up

mikep288
10-22-2008, 09:15 AM
I had to comment on this product too (XMT 360) I too was really suprised with the product, especially being a all in one solution, cleaner,polish and seals,, but after using it on my personal vehicle (before putting it on customers car) I was really amazed, its so easy to work with, does require large amounts of the product and the outcome was a real shocker, It left a nice sleek clean and shine to my car, for the little work thats involved,this is a fantastic product....I bought it on BOGO and was real skeptical, but it sure has won my approval...........now put it back on the BOGO page and I will swoop up more of this product !! I give it 5 STARS...Great Product

Couldn't agree more! Also got in on the BOGO. This stuff makes quick work of my trucks waterspots, and when pressed for time detailing for family or friends who are not looking for perfection, it really comes through. I've used it on everything from grimy exhaust tips to glass and have never been disappointed.

Pad selection is important as mentioned earlier. I tend to go with the green 5.5 LC's on my PC and have been very satisfied. If I need further correction or spot touchups for tougher areas, I usually try one more pass and some more product followed by white or orange pad with Wolfgang TSR 3.0 (depending on severity).

All in all, a great product when used within it's limitations. Highly recommended!

jake66
10-22-2008, 09:51 AM
I recently got some on BOGO. Haven't had a chance to use it yet, but looking forward to it. Great write-up.:cheers:

Wendell Jarvis
10-23-2008, 06:54 AM
I recently got some on BOGO. Haven't had a chance to use it yet, but looking forward to it. Great write-up.:cheers:

You will love it........especially not having to use allot of elbow grease ( hard work) at applying it and removal........I was really amazed with it.........I am a Pinnacle Soveran guy, but this product is very much under rated.....just apply....I always wait at least 30 minutes to a hour before removing ( thats just me) and when I removed it....I was real happy to see what it had done, cleans paint, polished and sealed it.......its a fantastic product that may be over looked by allot od detailers, cause of it being a All In One Product....but I sure love it and the results !!!!!:righton:

Meghan
10-23-2008, 02:21 PM
XMT 360 is one of those products that does not get a lot of hype but once you use it you will never let yourself go without it. I feel that way about DP Final Gloss Booster, I will never not have a bottle of it!

Wendell Jarvis
10-23-2008, 08:20 PM
XMT 360 is one of those products that does not get a lot of hype but once you use it you will never let yourself go without it. I feel that way about DP Final Gloss Booster, I will never not have a bottle of it!
Great Meghan...........Now you have my curiosity built up on the product that you mentioned........Man, I sure have an expensive addiction!! ....lol......I will have to read up on the DP Final Gloss
But the XMT 360 really amazed me........even more than the Menzerna PO 203 that I just purchased, 203 is great, but man that 360 sure freaked me out......... until next time.........Meghan put that product on the BOGO girl !!! bye.....:righton:

vinnier6
10-24-2008, 09:11 AM
can anyone compare it to optimum poliseal...i purchased this aio from autogeek a few weeks ago, and i must say i wasnt that impressed and i was looking at the xmt at the same time...i feel like poliseal had zero correction to it at all, i used it with my udm and white pad, not to mention it didnt leave the surface feeling very slick either...i put upp on top and was good to go, that stuff is slicker than anything on the market...

99tl
10-24-2008, 09:41 AM
I'm no expert. I agree that this product worked well for removing some minor imperfections. It went on very easy. A little wipe when you're done. I wasn't impressed with the shine or durability. It was very dull (boring). It didn't pop or have a wet look to it. As for the durability. I'm not sure how long it takes to set up. The car sat out side over night (it's pretty cool a night) The next morning there was dew on the car. I had water spots on the car when it dried. I didn't have this issue with Meg 26.
Just my opinion

12v
11-12-2008, 01:21 AM
just a follow up as mentioned previously, as a paint sealant/gloss enhancer it does leave a lot to be desired... but it is however easier to throw wax on top of it to get the shine desired.

curious to know one thing. can i top this off with another sealant specifically dg 105 with good results. The dg has a cleaner in it so how would that interfere?