08-10-2006, 08:28 AM
Is this the right order ?

1 - Wash
2 - QD - FK1-425
3 - OCW
4 - AJT

jforget1
08-10-2006, 09:29 AM
I am sorry, this is not directed specifically at you darren, but MAN does this group use way too many acronyms. Everything is an abbreviaton. Apart from the wash and the QD for Quick Detail, I have no idea what other things you are doing. Just an opinion here.

Meghan
08-10-2006, 09:32 AM
I am sorry, this is not directed specifically at you darren, but MAN does this group use way too many acronyms. Everything is an abbreviaton. Apart from the wash and the QD for Quick Detail, I have no idea what other things you are doing. Just an opinion here.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1160
Welcome to our cheatsheet. All of the veterans and avid detailers just have all of these memorized. You will be surprised, hang around here for a couple of weeks and you will think of Porter Cable instead of computer when someone says " PC "

FloridaNative
08-10-2006, 09:34 AM
LOL!! I know!! They even starting calling me FN! I believe that AJT is Werkstatt's Acrylic Jett Trigger and OCW is Optimum's Car Wax

Darren F
08-10-2006, 09:34 AM
OCW - Optimum Car Wax
AJT - Acrylic Jett Trigger

jforget1
08-10-2006, 09:38 AM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1160
Welcome to our cheatsheet. All of the veterans and avid detailers just have all of these memorized. You will be surprised, hang around here for a couple of weeks and you will think of Porter Cable instead of computer when someone says " PC "

I hear ya, I already think of Porter Cable first when I see PC, I have looked at the list. Some of the more common ones I have already picked up but using them for the somewhat obscure items is confusing. Still love the site though.

jforget1
08-10-2006, 09:39 AM
OCW - Optimum Car Wax
AJT - Acrylic Jett Trigger

What the heck is an acrylic jett trigger?:o

FloridaNative
08-10-2006, 09:53 AM
What the heck is an acrylic jett trigger?:o

it's a spray on acrylic sealant

Waxmax
08-10-2006, 10:58 AM
I'd use the OCW over AJT, since the OCW contains some carnauba. You might want to use some Prime or AIO prior to the AJT.

Darren F
08-10-2006, 02:43 PM
Just used Prime Acrylic last week and topped it with AJT....Now just washed the car and wanted to know which was the best process...I ended up washing, QD and then using OCW

Waxmax
08-11-2006, 09:50 AM
Sounds good. I wasn't sure you had the finish prepped well, so I mentioned the Prime or AIO.....how did the OCW work over the AJT?....did the carnauba in the OCW give any more depth to the AJT?

I've really like both OCW and AJT, but have not topped AJT with anything but a carnauba paste.

Darren F
08-12-2006, 10:30 AM
the car actually came out looking great....I had the car parked near a new car I was showing and my customer without knowing it was my car commented on how wet and deep the finished looked....