PDA

View Full Version : Menz Polish?

drastic_detail
10-19-2008, 09:30 PM
Ok so I have some mild swrils on my otherwise beautiful paint. My question is, Will I get good results if I use Menz PO 106 FA and than add my sealent and wax, or should I use another Menz product before the PO 106 FA? Maybe PO 83 or S34A? I dont know there are so many Menz polishes how do I know which one or one's to use?

robb01
10-19-2008, 10:07 PM
It's hard to tell w/out pics of the swirls, always start out w/ a lighter polish though and go to a more aggressive one if it doesnt take all the swirls out

twistedframe
10-19-2008, 10:47 PM
I've only been doing this for a short time, but I always start with PO85 since its pretty mild, but usually end up stepping up to SIP to get most moderate to heavy swirls out. SIP along with PO85RD followed by any LSP has always yielded me great results. There are sometimes that PO85RD will handle everything on its own, but for most swirls I have been using the SIP. Also I'm only using a PC so if you are using a rotary, you may be able to get away with using a lighter polish. Hope this helps.

TOGWT
10-20-2008, 03:23 AM
Its hard to match a polish to a paint surface problem without seeing it; one size does not fit all.

Diagnosis is the key; not guesswork; always use the least abrasive product / foam pad combination before ‘stepping-up’ to something more aggressive. The most important first step in the process of paint surface detailing is diagnosing the paint surface; density of clear coat (hard or soft) or single stage paint, surface condition; severity of the scratches and the paint thickness available will dictate the choice and abrasiveness of polish / compound for correction or renovation level required or indeed possible.

Try Menzerna's new polish - Power Finish (PO203S) - (M) this is a one-step scratch remover polish that will remove 2500 grit, cut 3.0-gloss 3.5, is made for the OEM market as a quick way to polish out light flaws and amplify the paint’s gloss.

This will remove moderate to mild swirls, water spots, and light scratches. then it burnishes the paint to an ultra high gloss, like you’d expect from Nano Polish (for black or dark coloured paint surfaces use as part of a duel level foam pad / polish system PO 85 RD 3.01 Super Intensive Polish) 1500 RPM - primed LC Orange / Green (mid range, high density foam (60 PPI) medium abrasive cutting action) or a White primed (softer less dense foam (70 PPI) with a light abrasive cutting action)

ScottB
10-20-2008, 05:09 PM
SIP / 106FF/FA

often are the combo to beat, and as said comes down to the finish which usually cannot be accurately defined thru comment and pics on site.