PDA

View Full Version : best wax for a detail shop

Pages : [1] 2

Sparkle007
10-19-2008, 08:23 PM
Hi everyone! I need some help, I recently discovered that the products I've been using through my supplier for polishing/waxing are not what I want at all. The big problem I am having is the results do not last for very long at all, like less than a month, guess they are for high volume shops. I have not had any complaints from customers, but I noticed the lack of longevity when I experimented on a family members car. So naturally I have suspended the polishing at my shop until I can re-stock the shelves with a quality product. We have been working hard at building a rep for very high quality interiors, but I need the polishing to be at that level too! Anyway long story short, I know what I will be ordering, flex polisher, M105, PO83, PO106FA, Wolfgang sealant, and a variety of other things! Just don't know about the wax. I thought about the souveran wax, but I read that it doesnt last super long. So I am asking for suggestions for a high quality wax that is going to last as long as possible, keeping in mind that the majority of the customers probably wont want to take the time to maintain it with a quick detailer. Something that can handle the elements for beyond a month if possible!!
Ok sorry for the huge story haha! any help would be so appreciated! thanks

AUdakota
10-19-2008, 09:06 PM
the Collinite waxes are pretty tough. I have had pretty good durability out of the PB line of waxes, the good thing about those would be they could be had for pretty cheap keeping your operating costs down.

loudog2
10-19-2008, 09:18 PM
The wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant you are buying lasts a long time. If you wanted to go with a P21s 100% or SSII carnuba, to top the sealant. Those are both under $50 each. The wolfgang DGPS does a pretty good job on its own though.

Labster
10-20-2008, 11:41 AM
I know from personal experience that Optimum Opti-seal gets a good amount of longevity as does Collinite 845.

robb01
10-20-2008, 12:19 PM
I know from personal experience that Optimum Opti-seal gets a good amount of longevity as does Collinite 845.
I can attest to the length of opti-seal, its easy to apply too

ScottB
10-20-2008, 05:06 PM
Souveran is indeed a beauty or show wax and will not offer the durability of some waxes but they tend to look a bit duller. Collonite is known for its durability and wont break the bank. Add some Souveran Spray Wax prior to releasing car and it will look like a high dollar wax for less.

Sparkle007
10-20-2008, 10:53 PM
wow thank you for the help everyone!! really appreciate it, you all have pointed me in the right direction!

67Customs
10-21-2008, 10:34 AM
I use Duargloss #105. Cheap and lasts as long if not longer than the best of the sealants. Looks aweosme also.

Smokin
10-21-2008, 05:23 PM
What Killrwheels said.:righton:

wytstang
10-21-2008, 08:43 PM
Collonite for long lasting super tough wax. Think 3 months protection ;)

killrflake
10-21-2008, 09:27 PM
I like Wolfgang DGPS 3.0 and I've used Collonite 845 in the past with great results. A lot has to do with if the car is garaged or not as far durability goes.

Totoland Mach
10-22-2008, 07:28 PM
For shop use, Meguiar's #26 is one of the best. Easy on, will not dry white on trim, and produces a great looking finish.

I go through gallons of the stuff...very inexpensive and good value.

Toto

D_Nyholm
10-29-2008, 02:48 PM
From my personal daily drivers, I have 4* UPP topped with liquid souveran and I get water beading up to 6 months after a full exterior detail. I threw it on my mothers car after a car wash (never been polished) and it only seemed to last a few weeks... it is all about the prep.

ScottB
10-29-2008, 05:58 PM
4 Star UPP is my personal fav even when used alone. They offer a spray polish (final polish) to prep surface for their sealant. Now back to the original post .....

PAD
10-30-2008, 12:43 PM
If you are looking for longevity I would move away from waxes and look at sealants or blends.