PDA

View Full Version : Is this me? Edge 2000

Pages : [1] 2 3

sparkie
08-10-2006, 02:42 AM
The Edge Dual Action 6 Inch DuraFoam Kit
http://www.autogeek.net/foam-polishing-kit.html

I have a PC 7424 with velcro, Lake Country pads. I thinking about upgrading to the Edge. Give me some help here! What do yal think. Maybe another kit?

Tex Star Detail
08-10-2006, 06:12 AM
I like them. Here is a link to what a few people are saying about them.....

www.autogeekonline.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1527&highlight=edge+2000

ScottB
08-10-2006, 06:14 AM
there getting alot of publicity and seem like a nice kit. I just personally dont see the need to replace the LC pads. (they do the same thing)

Tex Star Detail
08-10-2006, 06:19 AM
I too have used the LC pads and like them.
I guess it is all personal preference, and there is really no going wrong with what is right for you.

I use them over anything for the fact that they are 2 pads in one. It is simple to use. I just flip the pad when i need to use a different product. And you can get them in different combos, like a cutting pad/polishing is wonderful. Cut, flip, poilsh......
But again, user preference, no going wrong, they all pretty much do what they are designed to do.....:cheers:

Meghan
08-10-2006, 06:55 AM
That is a nice kit, if you are thinking of switching to the Edge system. I can't say anything bad about Lake Country though, those are some awesome pads. Try them both, see which ones you like best. Everyone has an opinion and a favorite!;)

FloridaNative
08-10-2006, 08:07 AM
That's the kit that I got. It's definitely the cheapest way to go.

sparkie
08-11-2006, 04:12 AM
Thanks guys, for the reply! Sounds like they may be worth a try!

sparkie
08-17-2006, 10:51 PM
One of my LC cutting pads come apart on me yesterday. I was using megs#83, and dang it, come apart. Finish up with a older megs cutting pad. Can you glue it back together? So guys, I think I'm going to order it (Edge)! Do I get any free sample with this order, or do I need a 100 posts first? I seen that 100 posts thing somewhere. It may have been a joke. Here a pic of the car.
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m139/sparkymm6/9d2c0f84.jpg

sparkie
08-18-2006, 01:58 AM

94.99 looking better!

Jonboy
08-18-2006, 04:08 AM
Sparkie, i've been using LC and Sonus pads but have taken the plunge and ordered the Edge kit your on about.

Now i've hit 100 posts i'll keep watching the for the mail :)

Excessive Detail
08-18-2006, 10:17 AM
The Edge Dual Action 6 Inch DuraFoam Kit

I have a PC 7424 with velcro, Lake Country pads. I thinking about upgrading to the Edge. Give me some help here! What do yal think. Maybe another kit?

Buy them, the best pads I've used so far, very durable and easy to handle and use. Plus its like having two pads in one. Well worth the money.

sparkie
08-18-2006, 03:38 PM
Yes, I am going to buy tomorrow. Yal talk me in to it. The reason I'm buying them tomorrow is the wife raises cane when I order stuff, so I'm getting a buddy to order them for me. HeeHee

sparkie
08-19-2006, 07:47 AM
I just got done order it!

FloridaNative
08-19-2006, 08:33 AM
Yes, I am going to buy tomorrow. Yal talk me in to it. The reason I'm buying them tomorrow is the wife raises cane when I order stuff, so I'm getting a buddy to order them for me. HeeHee

you won't be disappointed. :)

raising Cain. I haven't heard that expression in years!! Kinda cool to hear it again. At least I know I'm not the only one who says it. :p

Saran
08-26-2006, 12:27 AM
Buy them, the best pads I've used so far, very durable and easy to handle and use. Plus its like having two pads in one. Well worth the money.

I'm hoping someone can help me out here - I just received my 7424 and the edge kit. The edge pads came in plastic packaging which warns not to exceed 2000 RPM. It doesn't say what will happen if you do exceed that. Anyway, my question is, does 2000 RPM = 2000 OPM (orbits per minute) as in PC speak? What speed setting does this correlate to on the PC? What is the max speed you have used with your edge pads? i appreciate any help - i don't want to screw up the pads or my car!