PDA

View Full Version : suggestions

txscbr600
10-17-2008, 08:04 PM
I have a black 06 infiniti g35. Needs minor paint correction. I think i have what i need for this. Based on what i have learned through many postd here i have been leaning towards the souveran. With the recent sale going on looking at the Pinnacle_wolfgang kit here
Finally, a kit combining the best of both worlds--taking your vehicle to the highest achievable level of excellence- Pinnacle - Wolfgang Souveran Kit (http://www.autogeek.net/wg8001.html)

I am definitly new to the layering of the different products and any help/suggestions appreciated. Especially with experiences and problems with the paint that is on the infinitis.
Thanks

Rsurfer
10-17-2008, 08:10 PM
What kind of buffer are you using?

txscbr600
10-17-2008, 08:46 PM
For the swirls Ill be using dewalt vari with 3m perfect III products. After will be the hand polish. Well until i can scrape up the money for the PC that is.
Btw are there any help lines because i am already addicted. Or is this a noncureable disease.

Rsurfer
10-17-2008, 09:18 PM
Why would you be polishing by hand? Or do you mean waxing by hand? And why to you need a pc if you have a Dewalt?

txscbr600
10-17-2008, 09:32 PM
yeah waxing by hand. sorry. You thinking i could apply wax and sealants with the what i have? I was figuring that it would be to much. Only ever used it to compound/polish. and using the 3m products since i have them already.
Thanks

Rsurfer
10-17-2008, 09:37 PM
Like you I pefer to wax by hand.

txscbr600
10-17-2008, 09:48 PM
Yeah was just thinking of the PC for speed really. But as of now i dont see one showing up in my shop anytime soon. I noticed you picture and even though its not black what are you using for protection. I have read the infinitis paint is all that great. But not sure if people mean the actual paint or the quality of the job.
thanks

Rsurfer
10-17-2008, 09:58 PM
Lol, I've tried so many products it makes my head spin. I believe that polishing is what counts most in the final finish. I love Menzerna for that. My latest combo has been UPGP topped with Fuzion. No question that using a pc for waxing is faster and maybe even will produce a thinner application. I use less wax when waxing with a pc vrs a hand applicator, but I enjoy waxing by hand.

txscbr600
10-17-2008, 10:12 PM
Yeah i can already see my cabinet getting replaced with one thats bigger. always something better coming. And with 3 to take care of its fun.
Thanks for the input and when i get to i will try to remember to snap some pictures. i am the worst about that though always pictures after the work is done lol
thanks

ScottB
10-18-2008, 07:32 AM
polishing is indeed the most important part in detailing but dont forget the basics either.

Eurocougar
10-18-2008, 09:01 AM
I just detailed a 2004 Twilight Blue G35. Pics to come soon.

I used WG TSR kit for polishing. Worked well for me.

WG Sealant and then Souveran to top it off and it looks phenomenal! The blue metallic definitely shows.

I would highly recommend Pinnacle/Wolfgang kit.

txscbr600
10-20-2008, 10:56 AM
Thanks to all that posted. Just ordered the kit I mentioned hopefully hit the door before the weekend.:cheers:

Tthanks again.