PDA

View Full Version : Flex Review XC 3401

Pages : [1] 2 3

jrose0070
10-15-2008, 09:29 PM
I just got my Flex Xc 3401 today and I tried it out and it is terrific, i own a makita rotary and a p/c, but i think this will be my go to machine now. I think that it is a very smooth running random orbital and it is a lot faster than the P/c. It also has just about the same correcting abilities of a rotary. Everyone should own one of these.

rwisejr
10-15-2008, 09:54 PM
Congrats on your new tool .Yes it is an excellent piece of machinery.I to own a rotary-apc 7428 and a PC and UDM and I reach for my flex 95 percent of the time.Enjoy it and happy detailing.

dublifecrisis
10-16-2008, 10:44 AM
good to hear! I only have a PC, but would likely step to the Flex DA as my next tool.

robb01
10-16-2008, 10:45 AM
Glad you like it, it certainly has some great defect correcting ability!

Matt S.
10-16-2008, 10:54 AM
My favorite polisher :cheers:

Meghan
10-16-2008, 12:52 PM
Flex Polisher is a great polisher, everyone seems to agree after they use it! I really like the lightweight circular one, very easy to use!

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
10-16-2008, 01:19 PM
I just got my Flex Xc 3401 today and I tried it out and it is terrific, i own a makita rotary and a p/c, but i think this will be my go to machine now. I think that it is a very smooth running random orbital and it is a lot faster than the P/c. It also has just about the same correcting abilities of a rotary. Everyone should own one of these.

I agree that is is a great machine BUT it has no where NEAR the correction ability as a rotary.

I am not stating this to blatantly contradict you BUT I am stating this for those that are on the fence about whether they should get a rotary or the Flex...

jake66
10-16-2008, 02:48 PM
If I already own a pc and want for something with more power, wouldn't a rotary like a Makita for $200 be a better idea than the Flex for $240?? I would then have a rotary for the tough jobs and the pc for minor work and for glaze, sealant , or lsp.:cheers:

ASPHALT ROCKET
10-16-2008, 05:04 PM
If I already own a pc and want for something with more power, wouldn't a rotary like a Makita for $200 be a better idea than the Flex for $240?? I would then have a rotary for the tough jobs and the pc for minor work and for glaze, sealant , or lsp.:cheers:

You are correct, no need for anything else once you have those two tools.

ScottB
10-16-2008, 05:53 PM
The Flex offers serious power and in most cases can afford the user with a safer and wiser investment over a rotary. For a professional a rotary is likely the best option. Since I got the Flex , the Hitachi Rotary and PC are gathering dust in the corner.

killrflake
10-16-2008, 06:58 PM
The Flex offers serious power and in most cases can afford the user with a safer and wiser investment over a rotary. For a professional a rotary is likely the best option. Since I got the Flex , the Hitachi Rotary and PC are gathering dust in the corner.
I've got to agree. Unless your a pro or have need for serious corection capability, the Flex should fill the bill for most detailers.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
10-17-2008, 07:37 AM

I've got to agree. Unless your a pro or have need for serious corection capability, the Flex should fill the bill for most detailers.

I respectfully disagree with the above... Till this day I don't understand why there is so much fear associated with using a rotary.

Should you be cautious and take steps to ensure that you do not damage paint and trim = yes, should you fear a rotary to the point that you reserve yourself to only using a DA and never really see the true perfection in removal of paintwork inclusions and the beauty of a high gloss finish that burnishing with a rotary can afford = No. I really wish I would not have bought into the rotary fear for as long as I had.

Just remember, the slowest speed on a rotary surpases the fastest on a PC so take it slow, no need to go full tilt boogie.. Hell, when I 1st started on a rotary I didn't go over speed 2 and achieved superior defect removal than I ever did with a DA (PC & flex).

As long as the user:
Takes it slow
Tapes things up
uses common sense

Things will be fine....

Again, I state these points for those that are "on the fence" about a flex or a rotary and may read the comments above and decide that a flex is "comparable" to the rotary because it simply is not.. I have both and the ONLY time I break out the flex is when I am doing a one step.

ASPHALT ROCKET
10-17-2008, 09:03 AM
Very well said Jason. it does not matter if you are a pro or not, there should be no reason not to get one to do paint correction. The rotary does everything a pc and flex do. Also you have becareful with any tool that you use. Plus you have to understand it is not the tool that does the damage it is the operator.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
10-17-2008, 11:42 AM
it does not matter if you are a pro or not, there should be no reason not to get one to do paint correction. .:cheers::iagree::whs:

robb01
10-17-2008, 12:07 PM
:cheers: