PDA

View Full Version : steps for maximum results

Pages : [1] 2

Wendell Jarvis
10-15-2008, 09:00 PM
First time using Wolfgang DGPS 3.0 wanted to know the steps for best results, I will be using , Menzerna PO 203 ( thought about using Pinnacle XMT360 first, but that seems redundent) when the Menzerna will definetly do most of that work, then apply a coat of Soveran paste, then the Wolfgang DGPS 3.0 and then finally another coat of Wolfgang ( just to make sure the car is completely covered)after I have taken taken off the first coat, topped with final coat of Soveran paste. Any comments on any additional steps I should take off, I am hoping that I am going to do this correctly. Any comments are welcome or suggestions.

Rsurfer
10-15-2008, 09:08 PM
Why are putting a sealant over a nuba?

charliehaley
10-15-2008, 09:33 PM
You need to do steps in this order or you will have problems:
1.Polish
2.Sealant (Wolfgang-1 or 2 coats with time to cure between)
3.Nuba (Souveran 1 or 2 coats if desired with time to cure in between)

Wendell Jarvis
10-15-2008, 10:26 PM
Sorry, that was a typo, Menzerna then Wolf 3.0 then Soveran.........

Wendell Jarvis
10-15-2008, 10:28 PM
Thanks Charlie, that was a typo earlier.......the steps below that you listed was what I meant to say, thanks for advice

1.Polish

Wendell Jarvis
10-15-2008, 10:30 PM
Why are putting a sealant over a nuba? Typo error..........

Rsurfer
10-15-2008, 10:33 PM
Be sure to do a IPA or prep sol wipe down after polishing to remove any oils before sealing. After wipe down take in the sun to see if you missed any marring.

Rsurfer
10-15-2008, 10:35 PM
BTW do you have a 09 Max? Looks pretty dam good in the commericals.

Wendell Jarvis
10-15-2008, 10:39 PM

Be sure to do a IPA or prep sol wipe down after polishing to remove any oils before sealing. After wipe down take in the sun to see if you missed any marring.

Thanks Rsurfer........appreciate your advice ( as I see you leave comments and advice for others here...so I certainly respect your opions and advice.....what is IPA ( sometimes acronyms kill me........lol ) but with the Menzerna PO 203 I really shouldn't experince any marring or haze......anyway thats what the specs said on it. What about using XMT360 ( cleaner, polish and seals)after Menzerna? or would that even leave more oil behind?

Wendell Jarvis
10-15-2008, 10:46 PM
Yes....I do have the 09 Maxima, I held off on buying a new car for about a year and a half, after I heard that Nissan was changing and redesigning the Maxima ( back to its roots, more of a sports car sedan) and it kicks butt !! Thought about the new Honda Accord, but man once I test drove this puppy I was hooked.....I had a 98 Maxima years ago and really liked it too.......but the new 09....its fun to drive.

Wendell Jarvis
10-15-2008, 10:47 PM
Yes....I do have the 09 Maxima, I held off on buying a new car for about a year and a half, after I heard that Nissan was changing and redesigning the Maxima ( back to its roots, more of a sports car sedan) and it kicks butt !! Thought about the new Honda Accord, but man once I test drove this puppy I was hooked.....I had a 98 Maxima years ago and really liked it too.......but the new 09....its fun to drive.

Wendell Jarvis
10-15-2008, 10:54 PM
Hey, that Infiniti G35 is an eye catcher and a head turner too, and has the Horsepower to back it up.........I have always liked the G35's ..pricey.....but I know they are worth it.

Wendell Jarvis
10-16-2008, 12:02 AM

1.Polish
you think its a good idea to use a paint cleaner first? XMT 360 and then do the steps above?

Rsurfer
10-16-2008, 02:39 AM
IPA is rubbing alcohol mixed 50/50 with distilled water. XMT is more of an all in one. Nothing wrong with it, but I would perfer a wipe down and then Wolfgang/Souveran. Congrats on your new Max. Post some pictures when your done.

Rsurfer
10-16-2008, 03:03 AM
Btw, I didnt mean that the Menz would leave any marring or hazing, but what you might not have corrected. By taking it into the sun light you can inspect to see if you might have missed any swrils. The worst thing is polishing, sealing and waxing only to take it out in the sun and see swrils.