PDA

View Full Version : The Edge PLUS wool pads-does it worth it??

pampos
10-15-2008, 02:13 PM
Hi guys.I am thinking of buying the Edge wool pads from cutting to finishing pad(4 pads in total).Does it worth it....I just like better the way that wool pads act with a rotary polisher than foam pads..

Bert31
10-15-2008, 02:57 PM
Hi guys.I am thinking of buying the Edge wool pads from cutting to finishing pad(4 pads in total).Does it worth it....I just like better the way that wool pads act with a rotary polisher than foam pads..

I have Edge Blue and White Wool that I use to clean up after cutting with a LC Purple Foamed Wool pad. I like those two Edge Wool pads quite a bit.

pampos
10-15-2008, 02:59 PM
I have Edge Blue and White Wool that I use to clean up after cutting with a LC Purple Foamed Wool pad. I like those two Edge Wool pads quite a bit.
How do you compare them with foam pads??Do they give a better finish??

TOGWT
10-15-2008, 03:14 PM
I've usually found that polishing with wool requires finishing with foam....

pampos
10-15-2008, 03:16 PM
even after a finishing wool pad??

robb01
10-15-2008, 03:32 PM
same, but ive only tried it a couple times

pampos
10-15-2008, 03:37 PM
I guess i have to pay to find out : )

Bert31
10-15-2008, 05:45 PM

On soft paint or moderate paint, you will want to finish with finishing foam such as Lake Country Blue or Red or Edge White or Red. On really hard paint, you can finish using Edge White Wool. On my car I seem to get better result finishing with White Wool.

A poster on another forum I read used this route on a moderate paint finish:

LC Purple Foamed Wool with Meguiars 105
Edge Blue Wool with Menzerna Super Intensive Polish
Edge White Wool with Menzerna Nano Polish
Edge Red Foam with Menzerna Micro Polish

He may have been able to skip the third step but he wanted to be sure all holograms were gone before the last finishing step.

pampos
10-15-2008, 11:28 PM
On soft paint or moderate paint, you will want to finish with finishing foam such as Lake Country Blue or Red or Edge White or Red. On really hard paint, you can finish using Edge White Wool. On my car I seem to get better result finishing with White Wool.

A poster on another forum I read used this route on a moderate paint finish:

LC Purple Foamed Wool with Meguiars 105
Edge Blue Wool with Menzerna Super Intensive Polish
Edge White Wool with Menzerna Nano Polish
Edge Red Foam with Menzerna Micro Polish

He may have been able to skip the third step but he wanted to be sure all holograms were gone before the last finishing step.
Thanks mate....I think it is time to spend more money again :D

TOGWT
10-16-2008, 03:14 AM

Wool leaves very fine micro lines from the pile, a soft foam leaves a level surface.

For more information see article “Wool Polishing / Compounding Pads” and “ Foam Pads “- Main Page - ############# (http://#############.com) ############# a series of informative, unbiased articles dedicated to automotive detailing

pampos
10-16-2008, 04:34 AM
Wool leaves very fine micro lines from the pile, a soft foam leaves a level surface.

For more information see article “Wool Polishing / Compounding Pads” and “ Foam Pads “- Main Page - ############# (http://#############.com) ############# a series of informative, unbiased articles dedicated to automotive detailing
Thanks mate....