PDA

View Full Version : Bummer Detail

former86camaro
08-09-2006, 09:34 PM
Depressed about a recent Detail. Black 2000 Tundra, just driven from Montana, hasn’t been washed since the trip 3 weeks ago. Owner a good friend does construction, Only washed it twice in the past year and once tossed Pinnacle Sovereign on it.

Begin Time 7PM
Dark 8PM
Stop Time 9PM

Clean the Wheels with Mothers, twice
Wash beginning from the top down, AGH
Clay, Yellow Clay turns BLACK as I use it, but much better off
Wash again
Orange Pad from Autogeek with the new Klasse AIO
AGH, still made it look okay, but EXPOSED swirl city. I mean Swirl City, looks like Sand Paper was taken to the car. At least surface is smooth and shines. Nice shiny swirls.

Now I am like AGH, light practically gone, but I press on.

I wash again because something does not look right and getting desperate because of limited time and light.

As I wash it Beads nicely, so I quickly top with DP sealant in hopes it will at least look a little better. Here is where I wish I had a filler that just filled and was full of oils so at least it looked good when it left.

I now vacuum it, I wipe down again but I am still not happy. I call my buddy and let him know I am not happy at all and feel washing it just made it worse in my opinion and we really need to use my DP super Swirl, My Medium Swirl then Light Cut, then polish… A true detail!!!!

I clean a few windows and Armor All yes Armor all since the tires were still GRAY after all the cleaning and did not feel Meguiars hot shine was worth it at this time since a true detail is just days away I hope.

I guess, I just need a little at least it looked better than before and you did not have enough time to begin with, and it was nice what you did since it was free and was on your time after a rough day of work. My wife is amazed since even after washing it was still a milky black and now it shines. She is like you only had a little light what could you do.

Agh being a perfectionist.

Meghan
08-10-2006, 07:00 AM
:Picture:

former86camaro
08-10-2006, 07:18 AM
In the AM light it looked pretty good, drastic improvement.

FloridaNative
08-10-2006, 08:00 AM
Yeah a car like that will definitely take some hours on the clock. Maybe you can hit it again when you have a day off and can really dedicate yourself to the project and can take your time and really get it done right. Then you will feel much better I'm sure. I know it's annoying when you want to give it your best and you know you can't but sometimes, it is just a quick fix to improve the appearance until you can really give it the time and TLC that it deserves. Feel better :cheers:

Kelso
08-10-2006, 07:42 PM
thats a lot of work for that much time from the sound of it. and you did all that for free so i wouldnt feel bad at all. id be like hey if you want to bring it back i can make it look even better. id probably charge for it though

abrcrombe
08-10-2006, 08:27 PM
Heck yah, that is a lot of work in 2 hours. Were you running around the car doing all this!?! :awesome: j/k let us know how it turns out when you do the full detail.