PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated with MF Towels

Keith Harrison
10-12-2008, 03:34 PM
So I purchased the new Gold and Grey towels from AG a few weeks ago for 1 simple purpose, to replace indigos that I had induced lint on. I washed the Indigos with some cheap yellow towels from Costco and they now lint. Prior to washing with Yellow, I didn't have any problems.

Both the Gold and Grey are very soft and thick and feel great, but they both lint, especially the Gold. I have not even washed them with any other MF's just gold w/ gold, etc.

I work hard for 2-3 hours every week on my car and then like to finish with some Opt. QD and both these towels just serve to piss me off with lint.

Is it just me?

Rsurfer
10-12-2008, 03:54 PM
I have the gold from AG with no problems. E-mail Meghan.

VISITOR
10-12-2008, 05:04 PM
try doing an extra rinse cycle...

ScottB
10-12-2008, 06:01 PM
no real problems, I do use the dedicated MF soap and tumble dry with dryer balls.

Keith Harrison
10-12-2008, 06:49 PM
no real problems, I do use the dedicated MF soap and tumble dry with dryer balls.

I too only use MF cleaner, currently DP. Not sure I know what a dryer ball is....

Keith Harrison
10-12-2008, 06:51 PM
try doing an extra rinse cycle...

I'll sure try anything. I have the newest HE Kenmore washer/dryer if that matters to anyone. I have also tried Hot/Cold and Warm/Cold washing and I typically use Low heat for drying.

nrengle
10-12-2008, 06:59 PM
My only other suggestion, try washing by hand with a washboard, and using a clothes line to dry... No machine induced problems then.

Keith Harrison
10-12-2008, 07:12 PM
My only other suggestion, try washing by hand with a washboard, and using a clothes line to dry... No machine induced problems then.

I was sorta thinking about this also. I don't know if the HE machines introduce problems given the minimal water used. I've never had any problems with clothes or bath towels and all consumer report type magazines rated my washer/dryer top notch which is why I got them when I finally had to upgrade.

Also, with my first MF kit order I got Pinnacle MF cleaner and used it until gone and replaced with DP. I don't recall ever having an issue at all until I did 1 of 2 things...

1. Washed Indigos with yellow cheapos (no effect on my gold/grey because of timing)
2. Started using DP MF cleaner.

I have read many use DP MF cleaner so I can't imagine that would be the problem but I'm sorta starting to wonder.

Rsurfer
10-12-2008, 07:44 PM
I too have a front loader. Because of the minimum water fill, I only wash 4-5 mf to a load. I also do a second wash with no detergent. BTW dryer balls are those blue ribbed balls to keep the mf's from bunching up in the dryer.

ScottB
10-13-2008, 08:55 AM
I too only use MF cleaner, currently DP. Not sure I know what a dryer ball is....

http://s7.sears.com/is/image/Sears/00870275000?qlt=90,0&resMode=sharp&op_usm=0.9,0.5,0,0

Jimmie
10-13-2008, 11:04 AM
I've washed my Indigos many times with the same yellow cheapos and DP. No problems with lint.

keesue
10-13-2008, 12:04 PM
I have been washing my towels the old school way - by hand. I've been looking for one of those wash boards but no luck thus far. I do them after each detail so I don't have that many to do. I can do this because I'm not a professional and it would be tough with alot of cars to do. I use hot water, MF washing soap and a good rinse in warm water. I hang them up on the line and they come out perfect. For the really dirty ones, I use color-safe liquid bleach and liquid Tide. These are used on the wheels and inside the doors etc. so no worries.

I wash them by hand to keep the peace. The spouse doesn't like the idea of car towels in the washer. :D (and they come out just as good anyway) :D:D:D