PDA

View Full Version : Debating on a Flex

Pages : [1] 2

Bigfoot
10-12-2008, 01:06 PM
Ok, guys and gals:

I'm here begging for your input to help me decide which Flex I should get. I have seen both the LK603VVB (Rotary) and FLEX L3403 VRG Lightweight Circular Polisher and they both look nice, but since I am going to upgrade from a PC, I want the best possible option for me, in your honest opinion.Taking opinions also for other rotary info

So, what's your vote?

Thanks

Joey

P.D. Can this be made into a poll?

wytstang
10-12-2008, 01:34 PM
I'm holding off on a Flex PC due to the failure of backing plate some have experienced. When there is a permanent fix I'm going Flex PC.

Bigfoot
10-12-2008, 02:33 PM
I'm holding off on a Flex PC due to the failure of backing plate some have experienced. When there is a permanent fix I'm going Flex PC.

Thanks!

I made an edit to my post to make sure I cover all the bases concerning rotary info

Old Pirate
10-12-2008, 02:56 PM
IMO for the price get a Makita.

Jason
10-12-2008, 03:49 PM
I would go for the flex L3403 its a smaller unit, its weights about 4 lbs less than the LK 603 and about 2 lbs less than the makita. So far everyone that I sold this unit too tells me it is better and easier to handle. Also the location of the variable speed dial is different and it allows you for easier changes in speed.

VISITOR
10-12-2008, 09:30 PM

why wait? if you just do a few precautionary things when you receive it (just to make sure), you shouldn't have any problems. i don't think there will be a "permanent fix" (i'm sure many have used it without doing anything to it with no issues as well). i bet there have been thousands sold, and just an isolated case of problems which i bet is a very small percentage. like anything else, there will be problems no matter what brand it is (UDM, G110, Hitachi, etc)...

ltoman
10-13-2008, 01:13 AM
Ok, guys and gals:

I'm here begging for your input to help me decide which Flex I should get. I have seen both the LK603VVB (Rotary) and FLEX L3403 VRG Lightweight Circular Polisher and they both look nice, but since I am going to upgrade from a PC, I want the best possible option for me, in your honest opinion.Taking opinions also for other rotary info

So, what's your vote?

Thanks

Joey

P.D. Can this be made into a poll?

Lookie here!
Joey is going high tech! You have lost me here!

lauren

ScottB
10-13-2008, 08:50 AM
The Flex is the best upgrade for a orbital specifically, but if a professional or looking for fasted correction then a rotary is the better choice.

JoeD
10-13-2008, 10:23 AM
Bigfoot, check your PM Box.

Bigfoot
10-13-2008, 11:02 AM
Lookie here!
Joey is going high tech! You have lost me here!

lauren

About time! :D

The Flex is the best upgrade for a orbital specifically, but if a professional or looking for fasted correction then a rotary is the better choice.

I was told a Makita might be a better choice over the Flex. Still looking at options

Bigfoot, check your PM Box.

Checked and replied back:cheers:

Meghan
10-13-2008, 12:03 PM
I like the lightweight Flex, very easy to work with.

wytstang
10-13-2008, 12:16 PM
why wait? if you just do a few precautionary things when you receive it (just to make sure), you shouldn't have any problems. i don't think there will be a "permanent fix" (i'm sure many have used it without doing anything to it with no issues as well). i bet there have been thousands sold, and just an isolated case of problems which i bet is a very small percentage. like anything else, there will be problems no matter what brand it is (UDM, G110, Hitachi, etc)...
I'm just more hesitant after seeing some UDM's fail then the UDM being discontinued (<-don't even get me started on that one). I know it's apple to oranges I'm just going to sit and wait a bit. Don't mean to highjack...

ltoman
10-13-2008, 06:11 PM
Keep us posted, Joey! Good luck with your choice.

supercharged
10-13-2008, 10:14 PM
I love my Flex DA polisher!!! Maybe will learn rotary one day, just not ready for it yet. Remember, with Flex polisher you will be polishing the car, unlike with PC/UDM, you polish your hands more (and you can feel it) then you polish the paint...:cheers:

killrflake
10-13-2008, 10:35 PM
I love my Flex DA polisher!!! Maybe will learn rotary one day, just not ready for it yet. Remember, with Flex polisher you will be polishing the car, unlike with PC/UDM, you polish your hands more (and you can feel it) then you polish the paint...:cheers:
I've got to agree with Supercharged. The Flex 3401 is a great machine and I'm happy I chose it.