PDA

View Full Version : Preparing for my first detail

critical_level2
10-09-2008, 07:54 PM
I have my PC7424, a few orange, white and blue 4-inch pads. I am planning to use the Wolfgang 3.0 Total Swirl Remover, Finishing Glaze and Deep Gloss Paint Sealant.
My car is an 05 Honda Element in Sunset Orange Pearl.
I plan to wash, then clay first.

1. I plan to start with the TSR, should I use a white pad to start with and move up to the orange if that does not remove the swirls/scratches?
2. For the Finishing Glaze, would it be correct to use a whiote pad or one of the blue ones?
3. Is there any cure time for the glaze or can I top it right away with the DGPS?
4. Is the blue pad good to use for the DGPS?

Sorry if some of the questions seem stupid, as I am a bit nervous. This will be teh first time using my PC, and Iw ould rather do it correctly the first time, then screw up my paint really bad. Any help is greatly appreciated.

charliehaley
10-09-2008, 09:58 PM
I started out with the same products minus the DGPS. Start with the white pad and TSR first. Then check to see if all defects were removed. (Halogen lights or another form of strong lighting is almost a must unless you want to be pulling it into the sun after every panel) If all the defects arent removed then step up to the orange pad. Don't be afraid to use the orange pad if necessary. It wont remove any measurable amount of CC and works much better at removing swirls. Next use the Finishing Glaze on the white pad. You can use it on blue since it is a finishing pad but i find the white much easier to work with and since the glaze is such a fine polish it still finishes down with no micro-maring. The Finishing glaze requires no cure since it is actually i fine or finishing polish contrary to its name. I would recommend a IPA wipedown between each step. After polishing you can go straight to DGPS. I wouldnt recommend using the blue pad to apply the DGPS since it is a finishing pad and could possibly cause micro-marring. If you want to apply with the machine i suggest a red pad but DGPS is so easy to apply and remove I would personally just do it by hand. Don't be nervous about the PC. It is very easy to use and the learning curve is quite quick. Just take your time and learn the right amount of pressure to apply to get the best mix of force and pad speed.