PDA

View Full Version : Interior

Pages : [1] 2

94LT1
10-08-2008, 07:14 AM
I was just curious as to what to use for interiors ie, Dashboard, carpet, cloth seats.for leather i have lexol.i used to use meguiars quick interior detial but noone around here carries it any more.what other interior cleaners r out there that work very well but dont break the bank?

Meghan
10-08-2008, 07:46 AM
I like the way DP Interior Protectant and the Cleaner smell. They both do a great job and the price is very reasonable. 303 is great for dashes too, but does not leave a smell behind.

wytstang
10-08-2008, 12:21 PM
Hit up Lowes and pick up some Folex carpet cleaner. It's cheap and works fantastic, I've used it on my dash and it cleans well with no staining (always use it on a small test spot first). Cleans carpet/cloth great as well, I can tell you it's the best carpet/cloth cleaner I've used to date.

dannythekid
10-08-2008, 12:42 PM
I was just curious as to what to use for interiors ie, Dashboard, carpet, cloth seats.for leather i have lexol.i used to use meguiars quick interior detial but noone around here carries it any more.what other interior cleaners r out there that work very well but dont break the bank?

Hey man I have found Meg's Quik INterior Detailer at PepBoys in Robinson.

Just a heads up.

clickedone1
10-08-2008, 01:04 PM
I like the way DP Interior Protectant and the Cleaner smell. They both do a great job and the price is very reasonable. 303 is great for dashes too, but does not leave a smell behind.

:iagree:DP Interior cleaner is a fantastic product

Jimmie
10-08-2008, 01:08 PM
Hit up Lowes and pick up some Folex carpet cleaner. It's cheap and works fantastic, I've used it on my dash and it cleans well with no staining (always use it on a small test spot first). Cleans carpet/cloth great as well, I can tell you it's the best carpet/cloth cleaner I've used to date.

:iagree::whs: and 303 Cleaner for vinyl. You can dilute 303 20:1 or 30:1 so it is a good bang for the buck.

tcollins33
10-08-2008, 02:56 PM
I really like the DP interior cleaner. I've even given it to friends to use on their cars. It works quite well on pretty much any surface and smells quite good.

I'll have to give the Folex a try on carpets.

YankeeFan
10-08-2008, 03:25 PM
DP Interior Cleaner on plastics.

FK 100 (think that's the number) to protect plastic, it helps a lot with keeping dust off dash.

Folex for carpets

Howard

RaskyR1
10-08-2008, 04:58 PM
For carpets you can pick up a Bissle "Little Green Machine" at Target for $85 that does a pretty good job for the money. I originally bought it to use around the house for pet stains, but find myself using it in the shop more. :D

I pretreat the stains with Meguiars APC+ and then add the carpet cleaning solution from target into the tank. :cheers:

EDIT for link: Well it was $85 when I bought it....
Bissell Little Green Portable Deep Cleaner : Target (http://www.target.com/Bissell-Little-Green-Portable-Cleaner/dp/B000069K6U)

94LT1
10-08-2008, 06:52 PM
Hey man I have found Meg's Quik INterior Detailer at PepBoys in Robinson.

Just a heads up.
Thanks.i talked to a vendor that buys from meguiars and i remember him telling me they r phaseing Megs Quik interior detailer out.

Hmm i may give that a try.

DP Interior Cleaner on plastics.

FK 100 (think that's the number) to protect plastic, it helps a lot with keeping dust off dash.

Folex for carpets

Howard
What does FK stand for??

For carpets you can pick up a Bissle "Little Green Machine" at Target for $85 that does a pretty good job for the money. I originally bought it to use around the house for pet stains, but find myself using it in the shop more. :D

I pretreat the stains with Meguiars APC+ and then add the carpet cleaning solution from target into the tank. :cheers:

EDIT for link: Well it was $85 when I bought it....
Bissell Little Green Portable Deep Cleaner : Target (http://www.target.com/Bissell-Little-Green-Portable-Cleaner/dp/B000069K6U)
Ya iv heard of a few other people use it.its almost like a mini extractor.

robb01
10-08-2008, 07:08 PM
Ive used 303 quite a bit, it works real well

sal329
10-08-2008, 07:41 PM
Zep Carpet traffic and lane cleaner for carpets
Woolite/Water 10:1 for dash and leather
Protect with Meguiars #40, Optimum Protectant plus or FK #108

08 300C
10-08-2008, 08:30 PM
I too use the Little Green Machine but I recommend the one with Pro Heat it just heats the cleaning solution and keeps it hot. Not a commercial duty product by any means but for our 3 cars and the furniture it can’t be beat for the price.

I use the Lexol cleaner and then conditioner for my leather and the Eco Touch for the dash and vinyl, great matte finish and all are Ph balanced.

Emile
10-08-2008, 08:58 PM
I can't believe nobody said this yet!

1Z Einszett Cockpit Premium!!!

Cleans and conditions in one step and has an anti-dust coating that lasts for a week or two. It works on multiple surfaces (even glass with the right towel) and it dries streak-free and doesn't leave any glossy coating or any of that nonsense. It's not cheap, but one bottle goes a looong way. You can even use it on leather, but I personally use a dedicated leather cleaner/conditioner.

As for the carpets, I just use any carpet & upholstery cleaner I can get my hands on...they all seem to be pretty similar.

supercharged
10-08-2008, 09:37 PM
my favotire dash cleaner/dressing is Einszett Cockpit Premium!!!:righton:
Leaves no gloss, and I love it. If it's faded, or you want a little gloss (very-very little, matte), try 303 protectant.