PDA

View Full Version : How much Holograming?

Pages : [1] 2

bgray
10-06-2008, 08:53 AM
K, I gave new products a whirl last night with my rotary on my black car. I did only the Door and front fender to see results. I used Menz Powergloss w/ lcc orange pad(not a fan of this product), IP on a white pad, Nano on a Grey pad, then finished with 85rd on a blue pad. Topped with Souvern. I wanted to see results in direct sunlight.

Today i checked, and there is a SLIGHT bit of halograming...should the finish be 100% free of holograms? IT is very minor, but is present...

What should i expect?

I beleive its the powergloss doing it, it seems to just haze the finish, and not remove defects fully...tried applying many different ways...

incite please!!!
Thanks

ASPHALT ROCKET
10-06-2008, 11:12 AM
Yes, it should be 100% free of holograms.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
10-06-2008, 11:36 AM
Yes, it should be 100% free of holograms.

Agreed..:whs:

If I may share what I would have done with the products you mentioned

Menz PG / Wool pad

Menz IP Green pad (non AG pad - I am speaking of the LC pad that is between the white and orange)

nano on White Pad

85rd on blue

bgray
10-06-2008, 01:18 PM
yah....im almsot positve it was the PG and pad combo...the LCC Foam wool pad keeps puking out wool, and the orange pad is so hard it skips....

Im gonna go grab a wool today. and give it another go...I still gotta get a hand of breaking down the polish correctly...

ASPHALT ROCKET
10-06-2008, 01:27 PM
Good idea on the pad. I use a 3M wool pad and do not have the misery you are having, plus when you have the wool pad there is no need for the orange pad, that is also probably causing some of your problems.

RaskyR1
10-06-2008, 01:53 PM
Do you have a lot of experience with a rotary? You may be better off using a DA for a final swirl removal step.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
10-06-2008, 02:12 PM
Good idea on the pad. I use a 3M wool pad and do not have the misery you are having, plus when you have the wool pad there is no need for the orange pad, that is also probably causing some of your problems.
Once again :whs:.. Wool is sooo much easier to work with... I haven't used an orange pad since I stepped up to full wool pads.. The most aggresive foam pad I now use is the green pad (again not the AG green foam).

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
10-06-2008, 02:13 PM
Do you have a lot of experience with a rotary? You may be better off using a DA for a final swirl removal step.

Nahh, I really think it's his 1st and second step that is causing the problem and not the last step....

ASPHALT ROCKET
10-06-2008, 02:37 PM
:quote=MotorCity Honda;200638]Nahh, I really think it's his 1st and second step that is causing the problem and not the last step....[/quote]

Agreed.

bgray
10-06-2008, 02:55 PM
I have about 5 years of RA experience....some experience in there with ym rotary, but am now using it full time...

Jsut got a 3m Wool Compound pad, and found some m105 im gonna give a try also...

MY second step is Menz IP With a White LCC...you think thats causing problems???

RaskyR1
10-06-2008, 03:07 PM
I have about 5 years of RA experience....some experience in there with ym rotary, but am now using it full time...

Jsut got a 3m Wool Compound pad, and found some m105 im gonna give a try also...

MY second step is Menz IP With a White LCC...you think thats causing problems???

The others may be right on the 1st and 2nd step being the problem. I just wanted to get an idea of your experience because it takes time to master the rotary and not everyone can obtain 100% swirl free results.

I agree 100% on using the wool over the orange foam. :cheers:

ASPHALT ROCKET
10-06-2008, 03:35 PM
my feeling is the first step is really your problem, then I would go with a green pad and sip, then your final polish on a blue pad. You have to understand you might have to do a couple of the first step and a ouple of the second step also the say with the final step.

bgray
10-07-2008, 04:12 PM
I would say it defiently was the issue.....

Had Aweosme results with M105, followed by IP, Nano, then 85rd...

Still unsure if Im using M105 correctly or not, but i'll figure it out

Here a hood on a sierra and my girls car
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l35/bgraysierra/details/DSC_0010_004.jpg
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l35/bgraysierra/details/DSC_0015_009.jpg

RaskyR1
10-07-2008, 04:51 PM
I would say it defiently was the issue.....

Had Aweosme results with M105, followed by IP, Nano, then 85rd...

Still unsure if Im using M105 correctly or not, but i'll figure it out

Here a hood on a sierra and my girls car

How are you using M105? Usually with M105 you can almost go right to your LSP since it finishes off so nice...though for piece of mind I always follow it up with a light polish. I have seen other detailers go right from M105 to LSP.(not recommended IMO).

Rasky

bgray
10-07-2008, 05:25 PM
In the sense that im not sure of working times, pad choice etc. have a 3m wool and a lcc foamed woo...., what kind of working time on a 2x2 area? how much product do you use? that kinda stuff