PDA

View Full Version : Removing Road Paint??

Eurocougar
10-05-2008, 09:25 AM
Yes you read the title right. Unfortunately on my way to work (a while back) I ran over some freshly spilled white road paint that was probably going to be used for lane dividing. It's up in all 4 wheel wells and on the very front of my side skirts and rear skirt.

What's a good way to remove this stuff?

loudog2
10-05-2008, 10:38 AM
Do a search. There was a thread about this a month or so ago. Try claying. Also the product GOOF OFF makes cleaners to take paint or other stuff off. Just make sure you get the right one. Some off there products are too harsh for car care. Google goof off, then look at all there products.

Jimmie
10-05-2008, 11:55 AM
Some have reported that road paint is some tough stuff to remove. I haven't done this but I think that I'd experiment with Grafetti remover safe for painted surfaces. We can get it through our city but I've also seen it in hardware stores.

loudog2
10-05-2008, 03:14 PM
That's what I was saying. Goof off makes a graffiti remover. One for building and one for automobiles.

Eurocougar
10-06-2008, 05:12 PM
Thanks a bunch! I'll look into it.

That's the only thing bugging me on my car, besides the bird dropping spots I'll have to buff on the roof.:mad:

Emile
10-06-2008, 10:44 PM
If you don't feel like doing it yourself, you can call the town and let them know what happened and have them pay for professionally repairing it. Sometimes the people who lay down the paint try to do it while it's raining and/or don't give the paint enough time to dry after they have laid it down before allowing cars to drive over.