PDA

View Full Version : Durability and Cure time on Poorboy’s products

sciontest
10-05-2008, 07:36 AM
Right now I’m trying to fill my cart up with some Poorboy’s products and I’m just puzzled on the durability and cure times. I want a product that will last through the winter and keep its slickness pretty long. Also looking for a product to boost the sealant and give it slickness for quick clean-ups.
Here’s the list of sealant/wax that I’m interested in:

Poorboy’s EX-P Sealant?
Poorboy’s EX Sealant?
Poorboy’s Natty Blue?
Poorboy’s Polish with Sealant?Here’s a list of Quick Detailers/Sealant Boosters that I’m interested in:

Poorboy’s QD+?
Poorboy’s QW+?
Any information on these products would be very helpful. I know PB’s Spray and Gloss gives no protection, has little cleaning power, and gives a nice slickness to the paint. I’m looking for a quick detailer that can boost any Poorboy’s Sealant/Wax, give the paint a nice slickness, and easy to use with out streaking.

budman3
10-05-2008, 08:08 AM
For winter protection after polishing (if you decide to do any) I would use the PwS and then top with either the EX-P or the EX. I don't know how severe your winters are but if you could throw on an additional coat of sealant a few weeks into winter you'd be fine. If you can wash frequently during the winter then the QD+ will probably look the best and have the best slickness but the QW+ will probably have the most durability...

ScottB
10-05-2008, 08:24 AM
Poorboys offers easy to use product, reasonable durability, and great pricing. Most products have worked quite well and consider Bugsquash, Suds Soap, Bright and Bold, and Natural Look dressing to be my favs.

sciontest
10-07-2008, 07:55 PM
For winter protection after polishing (if you decide to do any) I would use the PwS and then top with either the EX-P or the EX. I don't know how severe your winters are but if you could throw on an additional coat of sealant a few weeks into winter you'd be fine. If you can wash frequently during the winter then the QD+ will probably look the best and have the best slickness but the QW+ will probably have the most durability...
winters can be brutal sometimes. plus on city roads the city dumps loads of salt down on the ground as soon as they see a little snow flurry. and on the country roads the snow don't get plowed it just gets muddy.

Poorboys offers easy to use product, reasonable durability, and great pricing. Most products have worked quite well and consider Bugsquash, Suds Soap, Bright and Bold, and Natural Look dressing to be my favs.
so far i only tried poorboy's bold n bright, bug squash, and spray & gloss i like how nice they all worked out for me. that reminds me i need more bold n bright and bug squash

charliehaley
10-07-2008, 08:12 PM
Im guessing you havent already bought your sealant. If this is the case i would highly suggest Duragloss 105 topped with collonite or any other carnauba wax. For the best durability use 601 polish bonding agent before it. It has great looks by itself and very nice durability.

sciontest
10-08-2008, 12:52 PM
Im guessing you havent already bought your sealant. If this is the case i would highly suggest Duragloss 105 topped with collonite or any other carnauba wax. For the best durability use 601 polish bonding agent before it. It has great looks by itself and very nice durability.
i have wolfgang DGPS 3.0 right now but i'm about to run out. i just want to try some poorboy's products since i like their bold n bright, bug squash, and spray & gloss.

hondajake
10-08-2008, 05:59 PM
I used to use WGDG and moved to EX-P because I like PBs other products. I think that EX-P has a more bright look compared to WG's warm look. Durability about the same.

Emile
10-08-2008, 08:49 PM
I e-mailed Poorboy's World asking them about durability because I was interested in purchasing the Poorboy's Polish w/Carnauba and Natty's Paste Wax (using both in that order), and they responded saying that combo should provide 3-6 months of durability when maintained with their quick detailer.

Never tried any products from them yet so I can't confirm any of this, I'm just passing on what I was told straight from Poorboy's.

hondajake
10-09-2008, 05:12 AM
I would say that is true. I top my EX-P with Souvran and get about 3 months using Crystal Mist about weekly.