PDA

View Full Version : new wheels

Pages : [1] 2 3

Pitch Black
08-09-2006, 09:23 AM
Okay guys!!! I JUST got my new wheels......:awesome: 275 18" front and 325 19" rear. I would like to make them :Picture: perfect. I bought high polish aluminum from ccw and I'm sure there are people out there that know better than I do how to care for these wheels. I plan to polish them before I even put them on the car. So I'm asking for advice from my fellow detailers as to what you would recommend for slight surface scratches, (that I know will come with time), how to keep the brake dust from building up on them, and OF COURSE keep the ASSUME shine that we all strive for. I have done a search but didn't find a lot of information, and I thought that there maybe a new product out for these purposes or some new insite on this task.

abrcrombe
08-09-2006, 09:26 AM
Well for the scratches I guess a metal polish would work and you already have one. As for protection, a lot of people use Klasse AIO. I have that on my wheels, and the dirt comes off on my weekly wash with soap and water. This also helps to keep them looking shiney, so that is what I would do. No waxes though.

mtsl500
08-09-2006, 09:42 AM
Well for the scratches I guess a metal polish would work and you already have one. As for protection, a lot of people use Klasse AIO. I have that on my wheels, and the dirt comes off on my weekly wash with soap and water. This also helps to keep them looking shiney, so that is what I would do. No waxes though.

What kind of durability do you get from AIO? Could a idiot like me top AIO with SG?

Reddwarf
08-09-2006, 10:03 AM
I've been using the DP wheel glaze and have been very happy with it so far. I've used it for about a month now.

FloridaNative
08-09-2006, 10:03 AM
DP's wheel glaze will keep them clean and protect them also. http://www.autogeek.net/dp-wheel-glaze.html

Pitch Black
08-09-2006, 10:37 AM
What kind of durability do you get from AIO? Could a idiot like me top AIO with SG?

Okay....I'm sorry but what is SG?

aceshigh73
08-09-2006, 10:40 AM
I used AIO and then a layer of Poorboys EX-P on my factory rims.. They are not chrome though...

SG is Klasse's sealant.. similiar to EX-P.

SpoiledMan
08-09-2006, 10:52 AM
Okay guys!!! I JUST got my new wheels......:awesome: 275 18" front and 325 19" rear.

Goodness! What are they going on???

Pitch Black
08-09-2006, 11:12 AM
Goodness! What are they going on???

black C5 :cheers:

Pitch Black
08-09-2006, 11:13 AM
I used AIO and then a layer of Poorboys EX-P on my factory rims.. They are not chrome though...

These are not chrome either.

aceshigh73
08-09-2006, 11:18 AM
Right.. when I read your post, I saw high-polished aluminum, and somehow it got processed as Chrome.... Duh!!

Anyway... Killr is the 'wheel guy'... see what he says..

Pitch Black
08-09-2006, 11:28 AM
Right.. when I read your post, I saw high-polished aluminum, and somehow it got processed as Chrome.... Duh!!

Anyway... Killr is the 'wheel guy'... see what he says..

will do...thanks to guys!!

san~man
08-09-2006, 11:55 AM
These are not chrome either.

Polished aluminum? Man they must look sweet, but they'll be a bear to keep shiny

mtsl500
08-09-2006, 12:16 PM

How long does this last for you? Is it something you have to reapply every month or so? Or do you get 3 to 6 months out of it?

wytstang
08-09-2006, 12:24 PM
I have almost 2 months with PB WS x3 and the water still beads right off.