PDA

View Full Version : PB EX-P Sealant question

Dusty Bottoms
10-03-2008, 08:09 PM
Hola, I'm going to give my truck a couple coats of PB sealant tomorrow, and I'm not sure if I need to wait 8-12 hours for the first coat to cure before I apply the second... Or if I can start reapplying immediately afterward???

Also would I be better off to just not do a second coat of sealant and do two coats of Natty's blue?

I'm trying to protect it against the awful Nebraska winters.

supercharged
10-03-2008, 10:04 PM
Unfortunately EX-P is not eh best when it comes to durability. Therefore, you might wanna wait AT LEAST 12 hours in between sealant coats...Then top it off with carnauba, you can do 2 coats, 1 hour apart...
I'd upgrade to Duragloss #105, and top it off with Collinite 476S, or 845...

Good luck...

twistedframe
10-03-2008, 10:18 PM
Personally I would ditch the EX-P if you are just going for protection. I do like the EX-P look, but have found its doesn't have the best protection characteristics. I agree with supercharged and say step up to Collinite 845. I've never used Duragloss so I can't comment on that. Good luck.

ScottB
10-03-2008, 10:38 PM
EXP is kinda getting a bad rap, but using a spray wax (Four Star, Aquawax) and other products between detailing sessions can help with durability as wanted. But to answer the question, all sealants should be allowed time to cure properly prior to layering.