PDA

View Full Version : Setting up the PC few questions before starting!!

JC PAINT WORKZ
10-03-2008, 01:02 AM
Ok, I have a few questions right off the start... First I want to thank AGO for getting my order to me that quick. I ordered Sun night and it was here first thing this morning.. 500ish order and everything was there like it should have been!!!

Well I opened the PC up and I also ordered the 5'' backing plate. I noticed there was a wrench and a little spacer/washer deal in with the wrench. I noticed on my backing plate that there was also a washer type spacer on it and a thread cover to hold it on there....

What do I need to do or install on it before installing the backing plate onto the PC. I dont want to put the wrong thing on it and mess something up. Never used a PC before or any type of DA polisher. I have always used reg. rotary buffers for body shop use. I'm looking for something more user friendly that I can not worry about. I only use the Rotary when I would have to wet sand a lot.

So any help is appreciated on which washer/spacer to use. The one that came on the backing plate or the one that came with the PC or both...

Thanks
JC

sal329
10-03-2008, 11:37 AM
I have one plastic washer with my PC. Put that on the threaded part of the backing plate, put the backing plate on the PC, use the wrench to hold the nut in place as you tighten the backing plate.

charliehaley
10-03-2008, 03:51 PM
Remove the black cover from the backing plate threads. There should already be white washer on it. Put the smaller thicker washer on top of that and thread it into the polisher. Tighten with the included wrench and your ready to polish.

ScottB
10-03-2008, 10:43 PM
as offered please remember the washer ... and most of us toss the factory pad/backing plate or use it outside of car care.

JC PAINT WORKZ
10-03-2008, 10:46 PM
I already tossed the pad that came with the polisher under the work bench.. i can find something to use it for.. I read up a lot before placing my order and heard it was junk. But i can prolly use it as a pad under a microfiber bonnet to put cleaner wax on the 22' Trailer to take the black streaks off it. I hate having a white trailer.. Its so hard to keep clean. But it sure looks gooood
as offered please remember the washer ... and most of us toss the factory pad/backing plate or use it outside of car care.