PDA

View Full Version : Optinium Spray gun and opti bond tire gel

jrose0070
10-01-2008, 09:14 PM
I got my order in which included optiniums opti bond tire gel and the spray gun and i also tried it out this evening and it exceeded my expectations it sprays a fine mist on tire and fender wells and then all you have to do is swipe the tire real quick with a tire swipe it give it a deep black shine i rate both products a 10

buja
10-01-2008, 10:56 PM
how does the dpray gun work ? connect to an air compressor ?

jrose0070
10-02-2008, 10:22 AM
yes you put the gun in their 32 oz bottle of opti bong and then hook the sprayer up to your compressor

Kris R
02-27-2010, 09:22 PM
I thought I read somewhere that you dilute the gel to use it in the sprayer.

Also can you use the gun for other stuff? Meaning of you want to spray hyperdressing in the engine? or All Season Dressing in the wheel wells?

The selling point is that is sprays a fine mist (conserves product) Just thought this would be a good thing for other products as well.
Feed back please

nitro78
02-28-2010, 12:37 AM
yes you put the gun in their 32 oz bottle of opti bong and then hook the sprayer up to your compressor

lol....opti bong

Matt
02-28-2010, 04:09 AM
lol....opti bong

haha :xyxthumbs: :iagree:

Shane731
02-28-2010, 02:33 PM
lol....opti bong

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Kris R
02-28-2010, 03:30 PM
so ANY real responses? Anyone? moderators that work at AG able to chime in??

Shane731
02-28-2010, 04:13 PM
From Optimum Spray Gun (http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-spray-gun.html) page:

Apply Optimum Opti-Bond Tire Gel with the Optimum Spray Gun. This heavy duty gun connects to your air compressor to deliver thin, even coats of tire and exterior trim dressing. This application technique uses a fraction of the product compared to traditional hand application. Save time and money with the Optimum Spray Gun!

The Optimum Spray Gun is ideal for applying Optimum’s Opti-Bond Tire Gel. Dilute the tire gel 1:1 with water. Spray all tires and wheel wells with a light, even mist. This method is quicker and more cost effective for professional detailers.

Optimum Spray Gun has a stainless steel pointed tip to apply tire gel accurately to the tires and wheel wells.

From Opti-Bond (http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-opti-bond-tire-gel-32oz.html)'s page:

Optimum Opti-Bond Tire Gel can be applied a couple of ways. You can wipe it on with a foam applicator, just like a traditional tire dressing. The other option is to dilute the gel 1:1 with water and apply it with a spray gun and an air compressor. The gun will deliver a fine mist over the tires and wheel wells. This is a great option for professional detailers and garages. Wipe away excess tire gel with a foam pad or a lint-free towel.

WindyCity
02-28-2010, 10:04 PM
I have been interested in this gun for a while but have never heard any reviews on it. I was wondering if you get alot of overspray on the rims when you spray it? Also would a small air compressor work or do you need a larger AC to keep up with the spray gun?

tenorplayer23
02-28-2010, 10:10 PM
Never used the Optimum Spray Gun, but would recommend you consider a HVLP spray gun from Harbor Freight. For $10-15, you can get one that works as well. Just connect to a compressor and you have it. Not quite as "easy" as using the Optimum with the bottle, but a lot different in price. They are on sale all the time......just get one that is high volume, low pressure. Just dilute some Optimum 1:1.

Also, if you are using it on tires, exclusively, try some of the tire applicator pads from Harbor Freight (like 3 for $0.99 on sale) and Opti-Bond right out of the bottle. Works very, very well. No need for expensive pads......these work well.

See ya http://autopia.org/forum/images/smilies/wavey.gif

WindyCity
05-16-2010, 05:16 PM
Anyone know if you have to clean the gun out after each use or can I leave it ready to go for a few days between details?