PDA

View Full Version : Need products clarified as they are so close...

YankeeFan
10-01-2008, 11:31 AM
Just looking to understand under what circumstances you would use one product over the other.

First is Menzera 85RD vs. 87MC. They seem so close to each other. Not sure why I would buy one other. I assume that 85RD on non-ceramic paint has a cut of ....what....2.0-2.5? Is that the determing factor, so would it cklean up marring better but jewel less than 87MC?

Other product is LC blue vs. gray pads. When would you choose one over the other? Since they are both to jewel the car, what would I look for to know to grab the blue in stead of the gray or visa-versa?

Thanks,
Howard

sal329
10-01-2008, 11:52 AM
87MC has a cut of 1 it is made for the traditional clear coat.
85RD has a cut of 1.5 and was made for the ceramic clear coats.
These 2 polishes are very fine polishes and mostly used for "jeweling" the paint. The avg weekend warrior will get a great finish with just using 106ff. The way the abbrassives are formulated is what makes these 2 different.
Gray pad is used for applying a glaze or a final polish it has a very very slight bite to it.
Blue pad is best for applying your LPS. It has no cut to it, if using a rotary this is a good pad for "jeweling" the paint to get the highest gloss.
This is my understanding.

Rsurfer
10-01-2008, 09:16 PM
I think you have it backwards 87mc has a cut of l and 85rd has a cut of 1.5

sal329
10-01-2008, 10:28 PM
You are correct fixed now, thanks