PDA

View Full Version : Is business at AG reflecting the economic situation

Pages : [1] 2 3

AUdakota
09-30-2008, 06:27 PM
Just curious if you guys think the state of the economy is hurting "luxury/vanity" places like AG. Or do you think we are all so over obsessed that we will buy what we need even if it means ramen noodles and white rice for the next few years.

Blade
09-30-2008, 06:42 PM
You got it wrong. It's Kraft's Dinner for me!

Smokin
09-30-2008, 06:49 PM
It's an addiction I need to wax something.Im the MAN

ss-truck
09-30-2008, 06:56 PM
Water and one meal a day will keep you alive . Any way I have been told I need to loose some weight .

Meghan
09-30-2008, 07:34 PM
Too funny, I think this week its Fuzion for dinner for everyone!

Surfer
09-30-2008, 07:41 PM
I don't know if its effecting AG, but man bars, restaurants etc are dead here, even for happy hour. Only time I see them busy is when they do their specials for colleges once or twice a week. Though I was at Duffys Sports Bar/Grill the other night and it was slamming, packed, but I've always found their chain to be packed, good food.

In my business, the luxury market is at a dead end as even high net worth people are tightening up. I have 6 clients whom we were trying to raise capital for, all with businesses and products in luxury/niched (basically anything that is considered a luxury item). No go, simply no capital and very very picky investors. And two of the clients we structured last year are already in profit the way we did it and quicker then expected, not even current investors are budging.

AUdakota
09-30-2008, 07:57 PM

Thats what I was thinking people seem to be buying up car wax at 100 bucks with no complaints!

Maison
09-30-2008, 07:57 PM
Ramen noodles and white.... What are you telling me? Doesn't everyone on here eat these? I do, that's how we afford all this stuff!!:righton:

Maison
09-30-2008, 08:00 PM

Sounds reaaly good, I can't wait. At least we'll get our refills faster this way.:cool:

Gary Sword
09-30-2008, 09:18 PM
There's no food in my house but I have enough wax to last me at least 10 years.

supercharged
09-30-2008, 09:46 PM
That's right!!! It smells so good!!!Im the MAN

dengood1
10-01-2008, 05:51 AM
There's no food in my house but I have enough wax to last me at least 10 years.

too funny Gary! That cracked me up. I'm sure that IS the situation in some of the obsessive detailers homes(unfortunately)!

Gary Sword
10-01-2008, 06:35 AM
too funny Gary! That cracked me up. I'm sure that IS the situation in some of the obsessive detailers homes(unfortunately)!

Dennis, I do have some food but the having enough wax to last me 10 years part is true. The sad thing is I ordered some Fuzion the other day when there are other things I'm sure I need a lot more then more wax.

Eurocougar
10-01-2008, 07:00 AM
Dennis, I do have some food but the having enough wax to last me 10 years part is true. The sad thing is I ordered some Fuzion the other day when there are other things I'm sure I need a lot more then more wax.
'
Like a new buffer? :p

Gary Sword
10-01-2008, 07:08 AM
'
Like a new buffer? :p

I already have a Metabo and Hitachi rotaries and a Flex and Poter Cable random orbital polishers. I was thinking more in the line of non detailing supplies like another garage so I can get more cars. Maybe with more cars my current inventory of detailing supplies will only last me 5 years instead of 10.
:buffing: