PDA

View Full Version : Are Fuzion/476 or Fuzion/Opti-Seal Possible Combos?

islandvic
09-30-2008, 05:49 PM
I was considering buying the Wolfgang Fuzion b/c it's on sale for $99/2 jars at AG.

Can Collinite 476 be applied on top of one or two coats of Fuzion to make the Fuzion last longer?

Or would it negate the positive effects of Fuzion?

Can a product like Optimum Opti-Seal over the Fuzion work better to increase the Fuzion's durability?

Thanks for your suggestions!

sal329
09-30-2008, 07:50 PM
I don't see why OOS can not be used on top of Fuzion

supercharged
09-30-2008, 09:42 PM
Dude, Fuzion looks awesome on it's own, topping it off with Collinite or Opti-Seal will only mute your shine...I only use Collinite as a winter wax, as I like it's durability (5-6 months)...

Rsurfer
09-30-2008, 10:50 PM
I was considering buying the Wolfgang Fuzion b/c it's on sale for $99/2 jars at AG.

Can Collinite 476 be applied on top of one or two coats of Fuzion to make the Fuzion last longer?

Or would it negate the positive effects of Fuzion?

Can a product like Optimum Opti-Seal over the Fuzion work better to increase the Fuzion's durability?

Thanks for your suggestions!
If you want to top Fuzion with anything, top it with Fuzion.

Chris Thomas
09-30-2008, 10:57 PM
I disagree that OS will mute Fuzion, but I would recommend using them one at a time to see what YOU like. Appearance is a subjective thing. Now, the OS will not interfere with the Fuzion, but it will not increase the durability of the Fuzion unless it helps with bonding in some way. As I understand it, the polymers will reposition a wax to the top as they crosslink so it won't "seal it in."

islandvic
10-02-2008, 11:51 PM
I had to tell myself "no" to the $99 Fuzion deal.

$$ better spent elsewhere right now!

Thanks for the input though!

sal329
10-03-2008, 11:39 AM
I told myself yes tot eh Fuzion deal my wallet said no. I love the look the Fuzion gave to my Accord.

67Customs
10-03-2008, 12:03 PM
topping it off with Collinite or Opti-Seal will only mute your shine...I only use Collinite as a winter wax, as I like it's durability (5-6 months)...
If you call this muted, then I will take a "muted" shine anyday...
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y241/sixty7mustang22/Details/DSCF0197.jpg
(476s)

I use Collinite for its durability and shine.

However, if you did purchased a $100+ wax/sealant, then you would obviously put it over the cheaper wax/sealant. That is just basic principle. If you don't, then you basically just wasted your money.

supercharged
10-03-2008, 10:09 PM
If you call this muted, then I will take a "muted" shine anyday...
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y241/sixty7mustang22/Details/DSCF0197.jpg
(476s)

I use Collinite for its durability and shine.

However, if you did purchased a $100+ wax/sealant, then you would obviously put it over the cheaper wax/sealant. That is just basic principle. If you don't, then you basically just wasted your money.
Prep is the key to a nice shine. I seen some pics of Collinite wax, that looked so stunning, you'd believe it's Crystal Rock. But again, I've seen how stunning Fuzion Looks over Wolfgang sealant, and know for sure that topping if off with slightly mute the shine...If you have Fuzion, you can do the experiment on your own.

Showroom Shine
10-04-2008, 07:46 AM
You guys got me all Excited! I'm going to wax my Truck with Souveran!

buja
10-04-2008, 07:55 AM
I just waxed the car with souveran. my first try with souveran.

In my opinion, it does leave the finish wet and shiny, but I still prefer Fuzion. It is the new age souveran on steriods .

and I have a whole stockpile of fuzion to last me years.