PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for Honda Midnight black pearl

Handyman
09-29-2008, 09:02 PM
Last year I finally went over my wifes Pilot with clay, XMT with a PC and liquid Soveirn. It looked much better at the time. I must admit that I have only had time to wash and haven't done any more paint correction. In the past I have seen several post specific to my color because it has the blue pearl also. Many people seem to be happy with Menzerna products but it also seems some have not had the best of luck due to whatever circumstances. I am definitly a novice. Should I stick with my XMT or try something else with the 20% off sale. Input appreciated.

sal329
09-29-2008, 09:09 PM
The Menzerna polishes are a good choice.
I cleaned up my fiances 99 Accord this weekend. I used 1z high gloss (no real correction but brought out the gloss) and then used Fuzion. I really do not think this car has ever looked as good. I did a full detail a couple months back, used Prima Swirl (one of my favorite polishes), Duragloss 501 (the best cleaner I have tried) and topped with Meguiars NXT 2.0.

Rsurfer
09-29-2008, 09:40 PM
Last year I finally went over my wifes Pilot with clay, XMT with a PC and liquid Soveirn. It looked much better at the time. I must admit that I have only had time to wash and haven't done any more paint correction. In the past I have seen several post specific to my color because it has the blue pearl also. Many people seem to be happy with Menzerna products but it also seems some have not had the best of luck due to whatever circumstances. I am definitly a novice. Should I stick with my XMT or try something else with the 20% off sale. Input appreciated.I started with a pc and the XMT line. My XMT is all half full and on the shelf since using Menzerna.

GiXx
09-29-2008, 10:50 PM
NHBP owner here also, menz was the first polish i have ever used and i dont see any reason to switch right now, car came around very nicely and am very happy with the results.

you can see my thread here:
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/14883-07-nhbp-civic-si.html

nrengle
09-30-2008, 01:33 AM
I have a 02 NHBP Civic SI (EP3 FTMFW!) and I use the Wolfgang Duo on it, but tomorrow I'm going to hit it with some Menz 85RD to review after using the Wolfgang TSR today. Already looks great with just the TSR, and the 85RD isn't really necessary.

One thing I suggest, since our paint is so soft, you won't need anything beyond a white pad for swirls and holograms. If you have some RIDS and such, you might try a orange pad, but you will definitely be leaving some marring afterwards.

TOGWT
09-30-2008, 03:28 AM
Menzerna PO 85 RD 3.01 Super Intensive Polish (F) black or dark coloured paint surfaces, and 'soft' paint - 1200 RPM -White primary (softer less dense foam (70 PPI) with a light abrasive cutting action ) LC CCS foam pad followed by a secondary Blue finishing (very soft 100 PPI) LC CCS foam pad - 1100 RPM

See article #############- Polishing-Menzerna Polish Polishing - Menzerna Polishes - ############# (http://#############.com/index.php5?title=Polishing_-_Menzerna_Polishes)

gohandbz8
09-30-2008, 01:27 PM
I'm a big fan of Wolfgang TSR 3.0. Polishes out really nice and don't leave any micomarring.