PDA

View Full Version : Did I do this right (wax procedure)?

foneguy
09-29-2008, 05:40 PM
Finally got a chance to use some of my BOGO pinnacle paste this weekend.
just wanted to double check I did it right while truck is still in garage.

(Wash, clayed) waxed,,,,,
Light haze of paste, let sit for a minute or two then wiped off using supreme 530 m/f towel....Then I used my PC @ 4.5 with M/F bonnet just to make sure I got it all off and it was nice and polished look.
It looks great and no real trouble, just making sure it did right...as of right now what a great wax, very user friendly.

Thanks for the help again!!!!! (kinda paranoid)

Feed back please

Buddy
09-29-2008, 07:37 PM
Finally got a chance to use some of my BOGO pinnacle paste this weekend.
just wanted to double check I did it right while truck is still in garage.

(Wash, clayed) waxed,,,,,
Light haze of paste, let sit for a minute or two then wiped off using supreme 530 m/f towel....Then I used my PC @ 4.5 with M/F bonnet just to make sure I got it all off and it was nice and polished look.
It looks great and no real trouble, just making sure it did right...as of right now what a great wax, very user friendly.

Thanks for the help again!!!!! (kinda paranoid)

Feed back please

Sounds like you did good. A wax that easy to use I would have done it all by hand. Reason is that you probably took off some of your wax by using your PC (friction) You can always (Layer) Put on another coat. After that coat cures. maybe 24hrs. Then your paint will brighter and deeper after the second time. Remember that even by hand you create friction. You don't have to rub like a maniac. got it. You did o-kay don't worry. Your only going to benifit from asking the question. Good Luck:D

Jimmie
09-29-2008, 08:20 PM
No need to let it haze. It's a WOWO (wax on wipe off). No pause needed prior to removing.

sal329
09-29-2008, 09:39 PM
Even though it is a WOWO product I like to wax the entire car, I just find it easier to do. Then I go back to the spot I first started and start buffing the wax off. I will then go back and use a QD to do a final buff and make sure it is all off. I do not like using the PC to remove wax

ScottB
09-30-2008, 04:28 PM
Souveran Paste should not dry .... it is actually harder to remove and offers no benefit. Panel by Panel, WOWO.

foneguy
09-30-2008, 06:38 PM
Thanks Everyone !!!!!