PDA

View Full Version : What carnauba wax is good between $20 - $60?

Emile
09-29-2008, 02:52 PM
As the title states, a non-cleaner carnauba wax (obviously from AutoGeek's selection) between $20 and $60 that provides a really dope shine. I'm going to start with Z-AIO with Z-FX and Z-CS, but then want a nice carnauba wax as my LSP, this being for the Black G35 Coupe. I was thinking Poorboy's Natty's Blue or Natty's Red, or DP Max Wax, or P21S, or Pinnacle Signature Series II or something. I would prefer something closer to the $20-$30 price range and I'm not worried about durability.

Bert31
09-29-2008, 03:12 PM
As the title states, a non-cleaner carnauba wax (obviously from AutoGeek's selection) between $20 and $60 that provides a really dope shine. I'm going to start with Z-AIO with Z-FX and Z-CS, but then want a nice carnauba wax as my LSP, this being for the Black G35 Coupe. I was thinking Poorboy's Natty's Blue or Natty's Red, or DP Max Wax, or P21S, or Pinnacle Signature Series II or something. I would prefer something closer to the $20-$30 price range and I'm not worried about durability.

All of the waxes you mentioned are very, very good. Just a word of warning, some Zaino users say carnuabas just don't look right over Zaino products. I have never tried it but I just thought I would shoot that warning out. Anyways, along with the ones you listed, P21S 100% is another that is very good.

Buddy
09-29-2008, 03:14 PM

I would try something other than pinnacle series II on your black car. It only looks good on black but it looks great on lighter colors. You would need to step up to the pinnacle Souveran paste to look great and it does has some durability. I would like to help you more but I have not tried everything on you list. The Max Wax is on my list of things to try. I hope this helps.

twistedframe
09-29-2008, 03:15 PM
Natty Blue or Red looks great on dark colors. I love Natty and use it on all my dark solid color cars. I wouldn't use it on any paint with flakes b/c it does mute the flakes slightly.

Emile
09-29-2008, 03:19 PM
Thanks for the posts.

Can I clean up the existing coat of Z-AIO with Duragloss Total Performance Polish #105, and then put a coat of carnauba on top of that?? I've got a brand new bottle of the #105 sitting at home, never tried it though.

Buddy
09-29-2008, 03:38 PM
Thanks for the posts.

Can I clean up the existing coat of Z-AIO with Duragloss Total Performance Polish #105, and then put a coat of carnauba on top of that?? I've got a brand new bottle of the #105 sitting at home, never tried it though.

Yes, The 105 should take care of Z because it is a cleaner polish. You are going to need to top it off with nuba or. Don't ever doubt duragloss products because they are cheap. Alot of pro's out there are using it. Duragloss is a fine product.

Gary Sword
09-29-2008, 03:59 PM
Collinite 915 - Looks great and last longer then any nuba I have ever tried. Just make sure you put it on very thin. A litte QD on the pad also helps it go on and come off easier.

mixxer
09-29-2008, 04:08 PM
Nattys,Collinite 915,pinnacle series II IMHO are the best bang for your buck when talking about cheaper nubas.

Emile
09-29-2008, 04:31 PM
Thank you for the awesome posts, fellas. I will wash & use the Duragloss towards the end of the week. I ordered a Wolfgang Fuzion and I will apply one coat over the week-end and just stare at my car for a while...

Buddy
09-29-2008, 04:51 PM
Thank you for the awesome posts, fellas. I will wash & use the Duragloss towards the end of the week. I ordered a Wolfgang Fuzion and I will apply one coat over the week-end and just stare at my car for a while...

Fuzion, Good for you. After you put your first coat on. You better send me a sample just in case. I will make thing sure it's the real thing.:righton:

ScottB
09-29-2008, 05:14 PM
Pinnacle Sig Series II
P21S Pure Carnauba
DP Max Wax

Jimmie
09-29-2008, 05:28 PM
Tough to pass this one up. Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Finally Liquid Souveran Wax achieves the Pinnacle of Perfection. Liquid Souveran Carnauba Wax has the ease of a liquid wax with the protection and (http://www.autogeek.net/pinliqsouvwa.html)
Or, DP Max Wax.

hondajake
09-29-2008, 06:24 PM
Before trying Sourvan Paste, I was using P21S. I thought that it was a good wax and esp. for the price. I like Souvran paste much much better :)

sal329
09-29-2008, 09:45 PM
from AG I would say P21S 100% or SSII. Finish Kare pink wax is a carnauba/polymer wax