PDA

View Full Version : Mothers PowerBall 4Paint

muddy
09-26-2008, 12:09 PM
Just curious if anyone has used the PowerBall 4Paint and if so, what were your thoughts on it?

Rsurfer
09-26-2008, 03:31 PM
I don't think that the powerball can come close to a machine buffer. Be it a DA, PC or rotary. It only has 1 texture and cannot possibly do the correction as do foam pads. It may be alright for minor spot correction. I do however have the mini powerball and its great for wheels.

Bunky
09-26-2008, 03:44 PM
I have not used it but from posts that I have seen, if you are not likely to buy a PC, etc, the PowerBall4Paint is still better for many than hand application. There are some videos on youtube on using it and you can decide for yourself.

Buddy
09-26-2008, 04:33 PM
I have one and it's very cool. powerball is just an aid to remove in my case and apply waxes. The only thing that I found out is the wax builds up on the outer edges of the foam and gets a little hard you need to take a nylon brush and clean it as you go. If you do that you're golden. you can wax a car in under an hour. it's even fun to use.

Rsurfer
09-26-2008, 06:05 PM
I have one and it's very cool. powerball is just an aid to remove in my case and apply waxes. The only thing that I found out is the wax builds up on the outer edges of the foam and gets a little hard you need to take a nylon brush and clean it as you go. If you do that you're golden. you can wax a car in under an hour. it's even fun to use.
With today's easy on easy off waxes why would anyone need a powerball and go trough the trouble of cleaning and spuring? I can see someone trying to polish with a powerball instead of by hand. Have you tried to polish with a powerball?

Buddy
09-26-2008, 07:02 PM
With today's easy on easy off waxes why would anyone need a powerball and go trough the trouble of cleaning and spuring? I can see someone trying to polish with a powerball instead of by hand. Have you tried to polish with a powerball?

It's just a fun thing thats all. you don't really need to clean it but a couple times and thats it. It's not like spuring a regular wool pad. No I have not thought of polishing with it. I save that for my makita. you don't need it. It's just a fun thing thats all.

Rsurfer
09-26-2008, 08:18 PM
It's just a fun thing thats all. you don't really need to clean it but a couple times and thats it. It's not like spuring a regular wool pad. No I have not thought of polishing with it. I save that for my makita. you don't need it. It's just a fun thing thats all.Ok, and I think the mini powerball for wheels and lenses is great.

Buddy
09-26-2008, 08:26 PM
Ok, and I think the mini powerball for wheels and lenses is great.

It looks likes that one would be fun too. have you tried any lenses yet:D

Rsurfer
09-26-2008, 08:42 PM
Yes, but it left some micro scratches and had to finish off with a 4" black pad. It worked great on my wheels.

Buddy
09-27-2008, 06:49 AM
Yes, but it left some micro scratches and had to finish off with a 4" black pad. It worked great on my wheels.

thats O-kay though. I always finish my lenses off with something of that nature anyway. Do you use your mini power ball often. Do you use it on your regular washes or just when your detailing your car? the reason I ask this is for durabilty reasons and they are not as inexspensive as my PBFP that was 24.00 at my local store. Thanks

Rsurfer
09-27-2008, 04:23 PM
Only when detailing. I have used it to polish my wife's jewelery and it came out great. Lost a few foam fingers, but still works fine.

Emile
09-30-2008, 10:13 AM
The PowerBall hooked up to a drill becomes too tiring to apply wax to an entire vehicle. Applying wax by hand with an applicator pad is much easier. I found this thing from AutoZone and also sold at Target, where you just stick the applicator pad to this plastic handle (sticks via velcro) and it makes applying waxes and polishes by hand a whole lot easier. It is very similar to the Polishin' Pal sold at this website but uses velcro instead of the hook & loop design that the Polishin' Pal uses.

I did not find the PowerBall to be more efficient with polish than doing it by hand because the PowerBall is so big and has so many foam fingers, it just keeps absorbing product like the sponge that it is.

Spare yourself and use the PowerBall for polishing wheels and don't make the same mistake I did. I have four of them, only two of them are used for polishing my wheels, and two brand-new ones are still sitting in my bedroom because I do not have a use for them. If you want go in the direction of applying products by machine, then your best bet is to spring for a Porter Cable or some other machine polisher.

Buddy
09-30-2008, 10:41 AM
The PowerBall hooked up to a drill becomes too tiring to apply wax to an entire vehicle. Applying wax by hand with an applicator pad is much easier. I found this thing from AutoZone and also sold at Target, where you just stick the applicator pad to this plastic handle (sticks via velcro) and it makes applying waxes and polishes by hand a whole lot easier. It is very similar to the Polishin' Pal sold at this website but uses velcro instead of the hook & loop design that the Polishin' Pal uses.

I did not find the PowerBall to be more efficient with polish than doing it by hand because the PowerBall is so big and has so many foam fingers, it just keeps absorbing product like the sponge that it is.

Spare yourself and use the PowerBall for polishing wheels and don't make the same mistake I did. I have four of them, only two of them are used for polishing my wheels, and two brand-new ones are still sitting in my bedroom because I do not have a use for them. If you want go in the direction of applying products by machine, then your best bet is to spring for a Porter Cable or some other machine polisher.

I used it for removing waxes not appling waxes and It works great. Why don't you give that a try. Instead off ranting and raving. Read the directions. This product does not deserve someones review that has no idea how to work it.