PDA

View Full Version : proper use left -right? up down?

bgray
09-24-2008, 10:48 PM
hey
just waiting for all my pads and liquids to come in so i can start experimenting on rotary..but have a quick question....

do you struicly use it in a left ot right fashion, or do you use a up, down, side to side fashion? ive seen a few videos with some "pros" going in all directions..will this create halo's

im mostly scared of halograms with teh rotary...

TOGWT
09-25-2008, 04:48 AM
Like most things detailing, it's personal preference.
I polish vertical panels up-down, horizontal panels left-right.

Holograms are usually caused by insufficient work time on a polish (especially those that contain diminishing abrasives)

pt91
09-26-2008, 09:53 PM
right to left to pick up lines with rotary..tip pad up with your left arm and move left.
after that it is preference. i go right to left because of the pick up.

ASPHALT ROCKET
09-26-2008, 10:15 PM
You can go any direction you want really. If you haven't used a rotary for a long time you are going to induce holograms. Thats why you finish up with a finishing polish and pad to take of this after doing your paint correction.

bgray
09-26-2008, 10:18 PM
Okay...jsut wasnt sure with the rotary if it was NESSESARY to do it a certain fashion...

I have all the correct pads, polish's and compounds to get the job done, jsut trying to gain some more knoweldge of how the Vets' around here are doing it...

TOGWT
09-27-2008, 03:55 AM
See article Rotary Usage Tips-http://#############.com/index.php5?title=Rotary_Usage_Tips