PDA

View Full Version : Scratched Up Chrome

Wendell Jarvis
09-24-2008, 06:09 PM
Calling on all AutoGeek members, here is the situation ( I have tried everything I know) if you have noticed on the 2004 to 2008 Nissan Maximas have a very large chrome or like chrome plate with the Nissan logo on it (front of car) any way a friend brought me his car to detail and wanted to know if I could get the scratches of it, he used a very abrasive scouring or cleaning pad on it......Any ideas? I tried chrome cleaner, chrome polosher and could not restore it. Any suggestions would be great........with all the pros and members here someone has had to run into this situation before.......Thanks !!

Wendell Jarvis
09-24-2008, 06:10 PM
Not polosher, I meant polisher........lol.........southern man in me........

ScottB
09-24-2008, 06:18 PM
you will likely need some steel wool and chrome polishes of varying degrees to remove/lessen those marks. The steel wool is very fine and usually has 0000 or greater marks and sold at Lowes/Home Depot. Maybe a new badge is cheaper and replacement easier ???

Wendell Jarvis
09-24-2008, 06:49 PM
you will likely need some steel wool and chrome polishes of varying degrees to remove/lessen those marks. The steel wool is very fine and usually has 0000 or greater marks and sold at Lowes/Home Depot. Maybe a new badge is cheaper and replacement easier ???
Hey thanks Killrwheels for the quick reply, I thought about steel wool ( kinda scares me though) as for second option ( replacement) that came across my mind also, that could be kinda costly, but on the brighter side, replacement could be a good idea, I always thought the grill on that model of Maximas was way to cheesy looking or flatout ugly grill......a mesh grill would look great....any, I do appreciate your reply..........Thanks .......

ScottB
09-24-2008, 06:57 PM
check Ebay ... always seems an emblem or grill is available much less than OEM.

Wendell Jarvis
09-24-2008, 07:43 PM
check Ebay ... always seems an emblem or grill is available much less than OEM.
Thats another great idea ( e-bay) one of these days I am going to stump you on a question.........lol.........thanks brother !! see ya around