PDA

View Full Version : Can I vinegar the whole car?

YankeeFan
09-24-2008, 11:15 AM
I'm still having problems with my water softener so I'm getting a lot of water spots. Instead of spraying each little section and wiping clean, missing some areas, not being able to reach some areas, etc. Do you see any issues with putting 100% strength vinegar in the foam gun? Setting it at maximum water mixture at the beginning, then adjusting based upon if I need a higher concentration of vinegar? Do you see any issue with vinegar hitting any rubber, plastic, etc. parts of the car?

Howard

wytstang
09-24-2008, 12:39 PM
The smell alone has me saying don't do it. Have you tried using some ONR or the like in your wash bucket? Do you remove the nozzle from the hose and let the water flow under it's own power (no kinking the hose) so it sheets the water off?

08 300C
09-24-2008, 03:01 PM
I had the same issue before purchasing the AG Deluxe Water Filtration system, I know every area has different water hardness but it really helped me. I did have to use the mist setting to restrict the flow from coming out too fast. Are you using a filter just on the wash hose or whole house type? I know Vinegar is VERY Acidic and would think that it may not be good for frequent use.

YankeeFan
09-24-2008, 04:17 PM
I had the same issue before purchasing the AG Deluxe Water Filtration system, I know every area has different water hardness but it really helped me. I did have to use the mist setting to restrict the flow from coming out too fast. Are you using a filter just on the wash hose or whole house type? I know Vinegar is VERY Acidic and would think that it may not be good for frequent use.

It's a whole house softener. That is my fear that vinegar would ruin other things. I'm hoping to resolve the issue soon but it takes time to adjust the softener and test it. Thanks for the help.

Oh....BTW.....I use 1/2 DG soap and 1/2 ONR. But the soap isn't the issue as I wash my tires/wheels first. As I wet them just the splashing of water on the paint accumulates a lot of spots.

Howard

ScottB
09-24-2008, 06:10 PM
vinegar will only remove recent spots, again it sounds like you need to repair the root of the issue. Maybe the water softner or look at the CrSpotless system.