PDA

View Full Version : Beware Neon Green MF Mitts

Keith Harrison
09-21-2008, 10:08 PM
Within the last 3 months I purchased 2 identical MF kits. Both had a bright neon green MF wash mitt. Well long story short both mitts had a seam (hole) open up but they continued to work ok. 1 of them opened up on the first use! (I should have immediately returned it but since it otherwise worked nicely I didn't)

This weekend I washed/dried them both with several other MF's including 3 indigos and 1 of the light blue plush. Never had a problem before washing together.

The foam/sponge type interior of the mitt came out (fell apart) and got all over my light blue and indigos in the drier. It has ruined my light blue plush which the foam knotted the plush fibers terribly and I'm really hoping I can salvage the indigos. I'm certain they will be fine for interior use but I'm afraid to put them on paint now with the little knots.

So 1st beware of them a 2nd a question.

Does anyone have experience with either of these:
Micro-Chenille Car Wash Scrubber Sponge or The Bone by Cobra. I know the Bone is BOGO but I don't care about the cost I want something that will 1st not scratch and 2nd not fall apart in a few washings. I use them weekly at a minimum...

Any other recommended products that fit the need are very welcome also.

Thanks!

VISITOR
09-21-2008, 10:36 PM
Any other recommended products that fit the need are very welcome also.
Thanks!

you can try the megs mf wash mitt, which isn't bad. also, the Lowes or Home Depot GS work great...

charliehaley
09-21-2008, 11:57 PM
I got the bone on bogo and i love it. I haven't had to wash it with anything beside the water hose after a wash so i cant comment on washing but it seems to do a great job of cleaning and dirt releases into the rinse bucket very easily.

Keith Harrison
09-22-2008, 06:00 AM
you can try the megs mf wash mitt, which isn't bad. also, the Lowes or Home Depot GS work great...

What is GS? And thanks for the feedback.

Keith Harrison
09-22-2008, 06:03 AM
I'll also comment that I really prefer it not be an actual mitt. Even with the green ones, I just tucked in the cuff, or whatever you would call it, into the mitt and used it.

Thanks!

loudog2
09-22-2008, 09:02 AM
I'll assume GS=grout spunge

VISITOR
09-22-2008, 04:20 PM
What is GS? And thanks for the feedback.

GS= grout sponge. i've been using the Lowes (Proline) tile & grout sponge for a good while now and it's very soft, releases dirt easy (there are large pores as well), lasts a long time, and is only $2. it gets even softer the more you use it...

ScottB
09-22-2008, 04:24 PM
I keep finding myself going back to the use of the Miracle Towel for washing. It holds alot of water and soap, has long nap to pull dirt away, and can easily be washed with other MF towels.

ASPHALT ROCKET
09-22-2008, 05:00 PM
I know you don't want a mit, but try the sheepskin mits. They do not mar the surface of my black vette, which has a hard, sensative to the touch clear coat.

Eurocougar
09-22-2008, 05:50 PM
I have the Bone (BOGO) and I like it a lot. Very soft and supple. I've washed it twice already and does not appear to be unraveling or anything like that. Softest MF wash sponge/mitt I have ever used.

YankeeFan
09-22-2008, 06:12 PM
Are these the mitts that look dreadlocks? If yes, I like when the interior comes apart as I cut the rest out with scissors. I like this, as once that interior piece is gone I can then clean an area of the car with one side of the mitt, then easily flip it over to continue to clean. I think the interior mesh is too confining.

Howard

Keith Harrison
09-22-2008, 08:30 PM
Are these the mitts that look dreadlocks? If yes, I like when the interior comes apart as I cut the rest out with scissors. I like this, as once that interior piece is gone I can then clean an area of the car with one side of the mitt, then easily flip it over to continue to clean. I think the interior mesh is too confining.

Howard

It is the one with Dreadlocks. :D

The problem I had with both of mine is the seam that runs up the side first came out and left a hole. Then the interior came out through the hole and got in my other MF's in the dryer and hardened in the fibers. My plush light blue one is so bad I will likely trash it.

I never even put my hand in it either so its not like i stretched it out or something with my hand. I used it more like a sponge by turning the cuff inside the mitt and just turning it over holding it from the outside.

D_Nyholm
10-08-2008, 10:59 AM
What about the ones from Costco? THey come in a 3 pack with a MF towel. I've had a set for about a year and only one has come apart on me.

Surfer
10-08-2008, 11:27 AM
I've never liked microfiber mitts for washing, but I have an orange one from Vroom that is shaped like a glove to fit your hand, that one I really liked for interior work. Said it was a wash mitt but I thought the napp was to small to be used for washing.

robb01
10-08-2008, 11:39 AM
I still Like lambswool for washing, or plush mf towels for an ONR wash