PDA

View Full Version : Applying P21s Lotion

Quick5Oh
09-21-2008, 03:45 PM
Hey guys and gals,

I ordered my p21s cleansing lotion a few weeks ago and before I use it, I want to know the best way to apply it. I plan on applying it after a good clay and polish right before waxing, but I'm not sure exactly how. Is it applied by hand? Possibly machine?

Thanks for any help,

-Evan

budman3
09-21-2008, 04:16 PM
Either one will work. If you apply by a machine use a finishing pad and only spread the product, there is no need to work it into the paint. Even doing it by hand is very simple, it is a fluffy product that spreads nicely and removes effortlessly.

ScottB
09-21-2008, 05:55 PM
GEPC is a nice product and pretty forgiving if to much is used. Apply, and buff machine or hand whatever your pleasure. Very nice prep for a carnauba wax for cars not needing a polish nor individuals ready to take the polish step.

Jimmie
09-21-2008, 06:47 PM
I've always done it by hand between a polish and wax. Quick and easy to use by hand. In fact I just did it on my wife's Maxima. The paint goes from an oily feel to squeaky clean.

Quick5Oh
09-21-2008, 10:40 PM
Great, thanks for the answers guys. I tried applying a small amount by hand tonight and something didn't seem to go right. It went on like a wax, but dried very very quickly. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to work it in or not at that point. So, I went to remove it with a cobra indigo towel and it would not come off. I had to use QD to get it off. Am I missing something?

budman3
09-22-2008, 07:14 AM
You may have used too much product, you shouldn't really be able to tell where you applied the product on the paint. What kind of applicator were you using? I haven't had any issues with a MF applicator, so maybe that might help.

Quick5Oh
09-22-2008, 12:52 PM
I was using a MF applicator.. I'm gonna try it again tonight with less product and see how that goes.

ScottB
09-22-2008, 04:23 PM
was the paint cool to the touch ?? Black sometimes takes a bit longer to cool especially after a hot day.

Quick5Oh
09-22-2008, 04:47 PM
It seemed pretty cool. It was just in the sun for about half an hour to wash and then right back into the garage. We will see how it goes today.. I'm gonna do a rinseless wash on a small section and then apply the p21s and see how it goes. This way we can eliminate heat as a problem.