PDA

View Full Version : Halogram?

94LT1
09-21-2008, 02:11 PM
what exactly is a halogram?iv seen the body shop at my work put out cars that look like they have smirred half moon looking swirls that only can be seen in direct sunlight.and as u walk around u can see them go down side of the car and on the hood and trunk lid.would these smirred half moon looking marks be halograms?and i have a pc.could that be used with something 2 remove them?

nrengle
09-21-2008, 03:28 PM
I'm not sure what a halogram is, but what you're describing I believe is a HOLOgram... :-)

budman3
09-21-2008, 04:18 PM
There are several things that cause holograms, all stemming from using a rotary polisher incorrectly. From dry buffing, not working a product long enough, using an aggressive pad, too high of RPMs, etc. They are swirl marks / micromarring instilled by a rotary buffer.

ASPHALT ROCKET
09-21-2008, 06:01 PM
There are several things that cause holograms, all stemming from using a rotary polisher incorrectly. From dry buffing, not working a product long enough, using an aggressive pad, too high of RPMs, etc. They are swirl marks / micromarring instilled by a rotary buffer.

They can also be induced by a DA, not just a rotary.

Jimmie
09-21-2008, 06:41 PM
I've always thought that they were called halograms because you can only see them with light at certain angles. The most common seem to be high speed buffer trails, and yes they can be removed easily with a PC.

budman3
09-21-2008, 08:16 PM
I've always thought that they were called halograms because you can only see them with light at certain angles. The most common seem to be high speed buffer trails, and yes they can be removed easily with a PC.

I'm not sure if the half moon swirls the OP sees are actually holograms but I agree with you Jimmie, here is a picture of your typical holograms from using a high speed buffer (from OCDetails):
http://www.ocdetails.com/assets/images/greenbufferburn.jpg

94LT1
09-21-2008, 10:01 PM
I'm not sure if the half moon swirls the OP sees are actually holograms but I agree with you Jimmie, here is a picture of your typical holograms from using a high speed buffer (from OCDetails):
http://www.ocdetails.com/assets/images/greenbufferburn.jpg
ya thats wat im talking about.wat should be used with a pc to remove them?

budman3
09-22-2008, 07:16 AM
Any light polish and polishing pad should remove them. In most cases the holograms aren't deep into the clear so they are easily removed, try your least aggressive pad + product combo and work up from there...