PDA

View Full Version : Poorboy's Bug Squash?

sciontest
09-21-2008, 10:38 AM
Does pb's bug squash remove wax or sealant when used on hoods or bumpers? I know all the products out on the market for bug & tar remover say something like "apply sealant or wax to area after use." so I was wondering if pb's bug squash is the same as all the others and I would need to apply sealant/wax after use I’m planning to use the product as a pre-soak and front end bug remover in full straight and dilution of 3:1 with water.

ScottB
09-21-2008, 10:53 AM
I find it will remove a wax, but have not seen an appreciable difference on sealants. I find it also can be used with car soaps to add additional power and the dilution seems to stop it from removing all the waxed surface. A nice product ..

Jimmie
09-21-2008, 06:55 PM
That's the way that I use it 3:1 and it doesn't seem to affect the wax. I'm sure it does a little because at full strength it takes it off now. Come to think of it I'll start waxing the leading edge of the hood and outside mirrors more often.

barryscott
09-22-2008, 12:38 AM
I have read on other forums, where Steve has said BS used at 3:1 will not remove wax. Very nice product!

sciontest
10-06-2008, 04:28 PM
I always mix my Bug Squash 3:1 rarely I would have to use full straight. So as long as I keep using 3:1 it doesn’t take the sealant (Wolfgang DGPS) off of them areas. Bug Squash is a very nice product I’ve used so many over the counter bug and tar removers and still had a hard time getting all of the crap off all my cars. Poorboy's bug squash is my favorite bug and tar remover. Thanks for all you input on this subject.:righton: