PDA

View Full Version : what helps with drying?

Pages : [1] 2

sciontest
09-19-2008, 06:48 PM
I've been reading most of the posts and i find some people use some sort of lubricant after they wash their vehicle during the drying process.
now the questions i have are:
what do you like to use to assist in the drying process?
does this eliminate the chances of water spots?
do you dry the vehicle first then spray and wipe or while it's still wet mist the panel and dry with guzzler?
what can i use to maintain my sealant and give the car a gloss at the same time?
can i use ONR in quick lube mixture or poorboy's spray and gloss?(i know these won't help with the sealant part but will it work to eliminate water spots and give it gloss)

Jimmie
09-19-2008, 07:21 PM
During the very hottest part of the summer I add a capful of ONR to the wash bucket. It seems to help with water spots.
I dry with a leaf blower (leave some H2O); spray QD on each panel; dry with a guzzler. Rarely have to battle waterspots.

Rsurfer
09-19-2008, 08:41 PM
Leaf blower and FK425 for me.

spamlova
09-19-2008, 09:58 PM
anyone notice decreased absorbency with your WW's when using QD's while drying? Of course, I mean over time....

Rsurfer
09-19-2008, 10:07 PM
anyone notice decreased absorbency with your WW's when using QD's while drying? Of course, I mean over time....
Yes, switched to ONR qd with no problems.

builthatch
09-19-2008, 10:24 PM
are you guys talking about a drying with a no-rinse wash?

or just general drying? if it's the latter, i use a regular ol' Absorber synth chamois w/o any issue :shrugs:

then again i use temperature controlled softened water to wash my car.

ScottB
09-20-2008, 07:21 AM
leaf blower, guzzler, and a detail spray of your choice.

wytstang
09-20-2008, 11:52 PM
After I'm done washing the car I remove the nozzle and let the water stream from the hose on it's own power (no kinking the hose or anything) then finish drying the car with a WW. Removing the nozzle and letting the water ''sheet" of the paint works for me. Allowing the water to sheet it picks up larger water droplets and gravity pulls it down off the paint, I'm left with smaller water droplets to reduce spots.

sciontest
10-06-2008, 04:32 PM
Removing the nozzle and letting the water ''sheet" of the paint works for me. Allowing the water to sheet it picks up larger water droplets and gravity pulls it down off the paint, I'm left with smaller water droplets to reduce spots.
:iagree:

Surfer
10-07-2008, 02:09 PM
After I'm done washing the car I remove the nozzle and let the water stream from the hose on it's own power (no kinking the hose or anything) then finish drying the car with a WW. Removing the nozzle and letting the water ''sheet" of the paint works for me. Allowing the water to sheet it picks up larger water droplets and gravity pulls it down off the paint, I'm left with smaller water droplets to reduce spots.Especially on prepped/waxed vehicles, water will roll right off, then just grab your blower and blow :D

r0ckstrWS6
10-07-2008, 03:40 PM
^ what kind of blowers are you guys using? i've been thinking of going and picking one up

Surfer
10-07-2008, 03:47 PM
^ what kind of blowers are you guys using? i've been thinking of going and picking one upMeghan on here comes down for me :D

A red electric one, don't remember the name, Toro or something like that?

Racin10s
10-07-2008, 07:18 PM
^ what kind of blowers are you guys using? i've been thinking of going and picking one up

You can reverse your shop vac, use a metro, or a leaf blower. I personally went to Sears and got an electric one that was on sale for 30 bucks. Works great for me and I rarely have any water spots.

Showroom Shine
10-08-2008, 06:33 AM
Depending on the condition of the vehicle I have 2 ways of drying. If the vehicle is good and clean after washing I use the Water Blade to dry it,then Hawaiin Shine. If it is cloudy looking or ruff feeling, ( from abuse or no washings). I use Hawaiian Shine by Jax Wax. This is a wax as you dry product.It works wet or dry,on paint,plastic, glass metal, vinyl and rubber trim. It will remove dust,mild road grim,water spots and finger prints. It is also non abrasive. I also have a vac that blows,for water in door jams,trunk channels,and exterior mirrors.

sciontest
11-04-2008, 06:17 PM
do you guys think spraying each panel with ONR while drying would help?