PDA

View Full Version : Flex 3401 Replacement Backing Plate

thrasher
09-19-2008, 11:34 AM
Hi Guys,

Whilst waiting for the availability of the Edge adapter I'm planning to purchase the Flex 3401 replacement backing plate so I can have a spare if something happen.

BTW, I am a bit confused here: my Flex comes with a new 5.5" BP with the white foam in it and I assume that the new BP is 5.5". However, how come the replacement BP offered in AG says it's 6" in size (while in the picture it also have the same white foam there)? I'm assuming the 6" BP is the original one without the white foam, correct? :confused:

I try look at other websites & they all said that the replacement BP is 6". Anybody can help me with this?

Thanks

POPPAJ
09-19-2008, 05:42 PM
I've had my FLEX well over a year now and it came with the red BP. After a few months I received a replacement BP with the white foam 5.5", measured it just for U. Had the original modified for EDGE pads but haven't installed it yet, just too happy with how it works as is:buffing:. The best one out there for the week end detailer, saves a lot of time over the PC.

thrasher
09-20-2008, 06:59 AM
Thanks for the info...

However, I'm confused how come the replacement BP that is sold in AG and other sites are in 6" size (or at least mentioned in the sites as 6")? Is it correct or typographical error?

I'm interested in buying one for spare but not interested in the 6" one...

Meghan, can you assist us on this?

Thx

ScottB
09-20-2008, 07:13 AM
the one Jason sent me as a replacement for my damaged backing plate was the exact same one. Same size, material, and design.

VEPA
04-02-2009, 02:04 AM
When replacing the Flex Backing Plate one should also replace the felt dust ring. It should also be oiled with a quality air tool lubricant,