PDA

View Full Version : Greased Lighting

PearlWhiteGT
09-19-2008, 09:54 AM
Has anyone ever used this stuff under your hood? I tried it on my mustang & it got rid of all my grease & gunk. I just spayed it on & hosed it off with my power washer. Bought it at the Dollar Store too.
Greased Lightning - Products - Product Info (http://www.greased-lightning.com/products/Products.aspx?ProductId=1)

tcollins33
09-19-2008, 10:06 AM
I've used this on wheels and as a general APC. It works well and is usually slightly less expensive than Simple Green or similar at my local Pep Boys.

If you're getting it at the dollar store, you really can't beat the price!

PearlWhiteGT
09-19-2008, 10:24 AM
My engine compartment was really dirty & gunk everywhere. It's a 1990 mustang & has never had the engine bay cleaned, ever. I worked really well. I had bought some degreaser from the local auto parts store & it didn't do that well. My uncle told me about this stuff & I was amazed at how it turned out. I'm heading to autozone after work to pick up some CD2 to finish up.

Nick-Benz
09-19-2008, 01:38 PM
Just be careful with degreaser on aluminum and rubber. From reading posts from other members about discloloring aluminum and drying out rubber. If I do use it I try to neutralize it afterward with a diluted car wash and rinse thouroghly. JMO

08 300C
09-19-2008, 02:50 PM
Just be careful with degreaser on aluminum and rubber. From reading posts from other members about discloloring aluminum and drying out rubber. If I do use it I try to neutralize it afterward with a diluted car wash and rinse thouroghly. JMO

I couldn’t agree more with Nick, I once used a highly potent degreaser designed for Aircraft use (not a smart move) and that was pretty much the end of my Mickey Thompson Aluminum Valve covers I switched to "Gunk" and had used it for years, now I just try not to let get excessively dirty and if I find I can't keep up I'll go with a tried and true product from AG. Not being a chemist I’m not willing to use my car as a lab experiment.
:D

PearlWhiteGT
09-19-2008, 04:45 PM
I didn't notice any problems when I used greased lighting. I just stoped by autozone & picked up the last 2 cans of CD2. Can't wait to try this stuff. Heard so much good things about it.

sal329
09-19-2008, 05:27 PM
I have used it on some really nasty engines. It works, it's local and it's inexpensive.