PDA

View Full Version : bugs wont leave my car alone!

cougar2588
09-17-2008, 09:25 AM
i did a quick search and couldnt find anything on this topic so heres my problem.

everytime after i wash my car and either wax it or spray a quick detailer spray on it, i always have the problem of small bugs always flying around/camping out on my car.

why is this happening? is it my water/soap solution, or is was it the faulty wash technique i was using? (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-forum/15191-bucket-free-car-wash.html : im switching back to the two bucket method next time i have to wash my car). or is it just normal?

Al-53
09-17-2008, 09:35 AM
i did a quick search and couldnt find anything on this topic so heres my problem.

everytime after i wash my car and either wax it or spray a quick detailer spray on it, i always have the problem of small bugs always flying around/camping out on my car.

why is this happening? is it my water/soap solution, or is was it the faulty wash technique i was using? (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-forum/15191-bucket-free-car-wash.html : im switching back to the two bucket method next time i have to wash my car). or is it just normal?

This is a very common thing...happens to me also and lots of others...I think it may be the scent that attracts them...

any of the fruity or tropical scented products draw insects like crazy....I can be out all day and no bugs..start doing stuff to the truck and they swarm it...

I read a post some where that a guy did a complete detail on his car..a few hours later it was covered in ants...lol....

so your normal on this problem...

AL

08 300C
09-17-2008, 12:56 PM
Same issue here in Virginia, seems they also drown on the dew that accumulates during the evening and I have to QD before the drive to work in the morning. Ah, the price we pay for such shine.:buffing:

Meghan
09-17-2008, 12:59 PM
I wonder if you are leaving residue from using the Bucket Free Method and this is attracting them... just a thought.

08 300C
09-17-2008, 01:04 PM
Not sure about Cougar2588 but I use the Foam gun to pre wash then the two bucket method and all AG products, cars White so maybe they think its a giant flower:D

cougar2588
09-17-2008, 02:02 PM
I wonder if you are leaving residue from using the Bucket Free Method and this is attracting them... just a thought.

nah i dont think thats the problem because i definately rinse/dry the car very well. its the one thing i kno that isn't flawed in my method haha.

and its a relief to hear that i wasnt doing this part wrong too (on top of my bucket free method) haha

thanks everyone

ScottB
09-17-2008, 04:40 PM
I too believe its the sweet scent often used in detailing supplies.

accellora
09-18-2008, 07:54 AM
I too believe its the sweet scent often used in detailing supplies.

It attracts bugs and trhland:D:D

67Customs
09-18-2008, 11:38 AM
This is just a normal thing. It really has nothing to do with your technique. It basically is all about the area you live in and the time of year.

Also, the lighter the car, the more they area attracted to it.

D_Nyholm
09-18-2008, 11:54 AM
A buddy of mine had a yellow mustang cobra and that thing attracted these little black knats (sp?) all the time. It also attracted bees. They would be all over his car and nowhere near any other car around his.

Must be the color?

Emile
09-18-2008, 01:23 PM
Happens to me pretty often right after a nice wash or during and after I wax or polish. I have narrowed it down to the sweet scent of all these car care products or the increased amount of light the paint may be reflecting after a fresh wash or wax.

Imagine if any of us were to detail James Bond's car with the electrocuting exterior when the car is locked. After we detail the car, it would totally turn into a very effective bug zapper. :eek:

cougar2588
09-18-2008, 01:25 PM
well im definately glad to hear that i'm not alone on this one. in a way, the more bugs the better haha

Buddy
09-18-2008, 03:30 PM
It attracts bugs and trhland:D:D

:whs: That is so true and funny:D:Dhahaha!!!