PDA

View Full Version : Pictures

Excessive Detail
08-06-2006, 10:29 PM
I have been wondering how do you get pictures to show up in a thread, but not as a thumbnail, also I got a new camera @ 4 megapixels, its not the best buts its better than my old, but when I went to load my pics I had to resize them so they don't look as good, what types of cameras do you use and how do you guyz get your pictures to look so good, I was thinking maybe your using a higher megapixel camera so even when its resized it still looks good, I don't know, tell me what you think.

Neothin
08-06-2006, 10:42 PM
I use a canon s2. I shoot in 1600x1200 superfine resolution.

I use xat.com's image optimizer to compress + resize the pictures down to 800x600. skip the compression step if absolute quality is what your after, but i'm on dialup, i have to compress.

larger megapixels only affects how large of a picture you can print, not quality. get a decent camera, it's one of those you get what you pay for things.

Image stabilization is a godsend btw. I love mine. I can keep a crisp picture even up to 1 second of exposure handheld w/o a tripod.

meghan would really be the one to ask aobut all this though. she IS a professional photographer...