PDA

View Full Version : Your own business

PontiacMan
09-16-2008, 01:47 PM
Are there any kind of good business guides for starting your own detailing business? Mainly as a part time business. How do you guys work it who do it part time? How do you get the word out? How do you price? You go to their home? You have a place? Any info from your experience would be appreciated!!

scottgt
09-16-2008, 02:08 PM
check ebay

PontiacMan
09-16-2008, 02:14 PM
check ebay

Have you seen those before? I never have, I always thought those little guides were just gimmicks someone uses to make money on ebay. If that's what you're referring to that is.

Driven Auto Detail
09-17-2008, 07:33 PM
I got this book and would definitely recommend it. I've read it about 3-4 times and I find "new" information every time I read it as I get farther along in my business.

Amazon.com: Start Your Own Automobile Detailing Business (Start Your Own . . .): Eileen Figure Sandlin: Books (http://www.amazon.com/Start-Your-Automobile-Detailing-Business/dp/1932531416)

bryansbestwax
09-18-2008, 10:28 AM
Detailing For Profit - DVD Pack - A1000-D (http://www.rightlook.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=815)

scottgt
09-18-2008, 10:29 AM
ya those are the things im talking about...they get you set in the right direction

bryansbestwax
09-18-2008, 10:49 AM
Auto Detailing Manuals - Detailing Videos - DVDs - "Your Super Highway To Auto Detailing News and Information" (http://www.autodetailingnetwork.com/manuals-dvds/)

Driven Auto Detail
09-19-2008, 06:57 AM
Whatever you do, don't get the "Buffing with Confidence" video. It's horrible. It covers BASIC information about all the steps in detailing - not so much buffing.

PontiacMan
09-19-2008, 04:15 PM
Thanks for all the great suggestions so far! I appreciate them all!

rwisejr
09-19-2008, 05:30 PM
All of the above info is great as far as location I work out of my 2 houses since I only work on the weekends .As far as how I get the word out is mostly word of mouth and people being referred after seeing my work. So all work is bought to me in the location closest to them

Wendell Jarvis
09-21-2008, 06:23 PM
Are there any kind of good business guides for starting your own detailing business? Mainly as a part time business. How do you guys work it who do it part time? How do you get the word out? How do you price? You go to their home? You have a place? Any info from your experience would be appreciated!!
I have found my success to be word of mouth ( referrals) networking with local garages and mechanics ( offer them a free detailing to place flyers in their office or garge bulletein) Chamber of Commerce, City Manager, flyers ( my wife and I will do about 1000 flyers a week in peoples newspaper boxes or on the flags of their mailboxes, join Local web site,News paper Ads and Newspaper inserts...........I have so many more ideas too........I have been in sales and marketing for over 12 years and own a detailing business the last year and a half................