PDA

View Full Version : Definatly ticked off with Makita..

Brandon1
09-16-2008, 12:27 PM
I have had my 9227c since 6/07 and about 8/08 the speed control in the unit went fritzo and caused the machine to fail. Now it was only 2 months or so out of warranty when this happened.

I took the machine to a local repair shop (whom I have a seperate customer service problem with) and they kept it for 3 WEEKS!!!. Since it was 2 months out of warranty I had to foot the repair bill. The bill, well it was $80!!!!!!!!!

I think this is a little outrageous. I didnt pay but $170 for the whole damn unit. I would have much rather just got another Makita or a Hitachi.

I want to call Makita customer service and tell them about the problem, and I would really like some sort of resolution to this. I think it's a little crappy that 2 months after warranty, i'm stuck with a $80 repair bill. This happened to my Porter Cable over 1 year after warranty and they replaced my old unit with a brand new one. Now that's customer service.

I have been recomending Makita Rotary's on tundrasolutions for years, but I dont think I will any longer. I have probably convinced 20-40 people to get Makita Rotary's, and it saddens me knowing that the company wont stand behind their products no better than that.

Meghan
09-16-2008, 12:43 PM
Brandon did you buy that from us?

Dwayne
09-16-2008, 12:44 PM
Here is the number for Makita

1-800- 4MAKITA (462-5482)

Makita - Contact Us (http://www.makita.com/en-us/Modules/Company/ContactUs.aspx)

Brandon1
09-16-2008, 12:44 PM
Sadly, no I didnt. I bought it from Coastal Tool b/c my father has an online account with them for our Construction Buisness.

I wished I had tho lol

Meghan
09-16-2008, 12:47 PM
Sadly, no I didnt. I bought it from Coastal Tool b/c my father has an online account with them for our Construction Buisness.

I wished I had tho lol

I wish you had too, I could have help take care of you!:(

Brandon1
09-16-2008, 01:21 PM
They basically told me that there was nothing they could do aside from asking the engineers to check on the product.

I was honestly trying to get something done about this so nobody else has to get stuck with a $80 repair bill like i've done.

I told him that I would no longer be recomending the product and my next buffer will be a Hitachi or Flex.

Meghan
09-16-2008, 01:34 PM
They basically told me that there was nothing they could do aside from asking the engineers to check on the product.

I was honestly trying to get something done about this so nobody else has to get stuck with a $80 repair bill like i've done.

I told him that I would no longer be recomending the product and my next buffer will be a Hitachi or Flex.

Go Flex! :righton:

ScottB
09-16-2008, 04:15 PM
send a Better Business Bureau Complaint requesting the refund, its gotta get to some at the top of the customer service chain to get a refund.