PDA

View Full Version : Newbie plan

wkl01
09-16-2008, 01:33 AM
About to do my first detail on a 2006 Titanium Silver 650 BMW Convertible. Not sure what was done prior but the wax beads. Surface is completely like glass so here's the plan
Wash it
Clay it with Pinnacle Clay
Klasse AIO
Klasse Sealer two coats
Wax with Soveran

I purchased a PC so which steps would it make the most sense to use the PC. I got the CCS kit so I have all the pads. Should I use the pads or the micro bonnets with the lambs wool pads.

Comments?

sal329
09-16-2008, 10:56 AM
Sticking to your plan I would use AIO with a white pad then apply the sealer and souveran by hand. Remember to let the sealant properly cure before adding teh second coat and again before adding the Souveran.

Meghan
09-16-2008, 10:57 AM
You might want to check the surface (use plastic bag test) to see if it even needs to be clayed since you said it is like glass.
All steps look good, I would apply the AIO with the white LC pad, then the gray pad for the glaze. I like to apply Souveran by hand!
I would use the bonnets to remove the Klasse since it does not remove as easy as the Souveran. But I would remove the Souveran by hand. When using bonnets put them over the lambswool.

Here is a great link for help with applying and removing Klasse!
How to apply Klasse (http://www.autogeek.net/klasse-usa.html)