PDA

View Full Version : Just getting started

Qwklightning
09-15-2008, 06:42 PM
Just joined the site, heard about it from a good friend, and have a few questions. I'm looking at getting the PC 7424 and I'm not sure what all I need to get started. I have 4 vehicles to maintain, 2 of which we take to car shows, an 02 Mustang GT and 01 Lightning (both white). The Mustang has just been repainted, got keyed real bad. Any how which pads and polishes should I use, and should I get the ones that use the backing plates with hook and loop or The Edge quick connect pads. Should I get one of the package deals or order the pads that I need seperately? And what size pads do you guys recomend, 5.5" 6.5" or some 4"?
Just need some advice and thought you guys could point me in the right direction. These two vehicles are my babies and I want to do things right. Thanks for any help.

ASPHALT ROCKET
09-15-2008, 06:46 PM
I would look at getting the LC CCS 5.5 and 4 inch pads, anything bigger on a pc does not do much correction work. Polish of choice would be Menzerna. Plus if you get some Menzerna polish the CCS pads work much better with this polish.

ScottB
09-16-2008, 04:19 PM
look for the kits for best value ... Menzerna and smaller pads all the way !

sal329
09-16-2008, 08:27 PM
Package deal with 5.5" pads then get some 4" pads as well.