PDA

View Full Version : Proper filling up of wash bucket

kellyinkc
08-06-2006, 01:58 PM
When filling up my bucket I put the water in first then the car soap. I measure it out. 4.5 ounces of car soap to 4.5 gallons of water. Thats for GC wash.
Used to put soap in first then water. Lots if suds.
Does it matter? I do use two buckets to wash.

ScottB
08-06-2006, 02:28 PM
you sound exactly like a video from Mike Phillps (Megs) thats running around lately .... and thats the way some of us have done it forever. I even fill my foam gun with water first.

kellyinkc
08-06-2006, 02:34 PM
Did watch it. Though I was doing most of what he showed before hand.
Learned to use the cup to measure, I used a 1 oz measuring cup fro a cough medicine bottle before.
Maybe I need (want) a foam gun!! Got me thinking!

FloridaNative
08-06-2006, 03:01 PM
Oh you'll love the foam gun. Now that I have mine I can't imagine washing without it.

Reddwarf
08-06-2006, 03:09 PM
Foam Gun, Foam Gun, Foam Gun!

kellyinkc
08-06-2006, 03:09 PM
Put it on my Chritsmas list!!:awesome:
So your husband watches you detail?? :D

supercharged
08-06-2006, 03:23 PM
I fill my foam gun with water first for a proper mixture(don't want any foam in that bottle).

When filling a bucket I fill with 1-2 oz of soap (I usually use Pinnacle Bodywork shampoo or Poorboy's SS&S) and about 1.5 gallons of water. Keep in mind I jet blast in in a bucket, so the whole 5-gallon bucket gets a lot of foam. I have been doing that for about a year now and find it very reasonable. High lubricity and very economical.

dengood1
08-06-2006, 07:08 PM
I fill my foam gun with water first for a proper mixture(don't want any foam in that bottle).

When filling a bucket I fill with 1-2 oz of soap (I usually use Pinnacle Bodywork shampoo or Poorboy's SS&S) and about 1.5 gallons of water. Keep in mind I jet blast in in a bucket, so the whole 5-gallon bucket gets a lot of foam. I have been doing that for about a year now and find it very reasonable. High lubricity and very economical.

I washed my wifes car today and squirted 3-4 quick circles of Poorboys wash into the 5 gal. bucket. Filled the bucket up 3-4 times when it ran low and still had TONS of suds!

Neothin
08-06-2006, 09:54 PM
I also put water into my gun's reservoir before adding the soap. It makes it so the soap doesnt stick to the bottom of the jug so much when i shake it up to mix the solution together.

P1et
08-07-2006, 12:16 PM
Since the Megs Gold Class isn't too expensive, I pour quite a bit in the bucket, rub my sponge in it and then fill it with water. The extra shampoo in the sponge itself makes it soooo smooth...