PDA

View Full Version : I've Got A Real Detailing Problem!!!

sosueme
09-14-2008, 07:53 AM
Hello, :Picture:

I'm new to this forum and here's my problem. I've never detailed a car before! I left bug residue on my bumper for more than six (6) months and now it has etched the surface. the color of the vehicle is black, so you can imagine what it looks like ... every place a bug was not removed, there an outline ... like a tombstone to remind me of my neglect.
I would prefer to repair the bumper myself, but don't know exactely where to start. I have a orbital polisher and have used it with a light swirl remover preceded by a clay bar treatment to no avail. Note: Nissan Pathfinder (Plastic Bumper) ... thanks for any help the pros out there can offer.

AjNavo61490
09-14-2008, 08:38 AM
respray

ScottB
09-14-2008, 12:12 PM
I would polish first, if that doesnt work and likely wont based upon time, then consider light wetsanding prior to any paint work. Seek a professional.

foneguy
09-15-2008, 01:57 PM
ouch !!!! good luck and welcome to AG

supercharged
09-15-2008, 10:46 PM
you really have a detailing problem if that's your avatar!!! j/k:D

Wendell Jarvis
09-15-2008, 11:22 PM
mmmmm, Neglect....guilty as charged..........Jury? Guilty !! Sentence...... Detailing 095, not Detailing 101 just yet.......take car of your ride !!:buffing:

Pyrocite
09-16-2008, 08:14 AM
Since the bumper is plastic, how about some Black WOW (if the bumper is black). Clean the area really good with some quality bug remover and apply Black WOW. This would only work on a rough plastic bumper, not a highly polished one.

Take some pictures and post it here so we can see it better, maybe respraying is not needed just lots of elbow grease :P