PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle Liquid or Paste?

Pages : [1] 2

bgray
09-12-2008, 02:48 PM
Tell me whats the dif beside the obvious....WAX
I like the ease of use with liquids, but do paste result in better protection, application ,worse, etc etc pros and cons to both

Im tired of the streaking left behind by the NXT 2.0 on my black cars, its jsut temporary, but all that work on black, then it streaks at the end...its pretty much a bummer at that point

bgray
09-12-2008, 02:51 PM
Shiza...i should ahve looked two post down...lol

even in there it states that liquid tends to alst longer? and what does the polycharger do???

All finishes are prepped properly, so whats my better option for depth, shine, and durability?

loudog2
09-12-2008, 03:36 PM
What car/truck and color will you be using it on? Souveran paste looks great on black. SSII will be good on metalic finishes. Souveran liquid w/poly is also a great choice for less money. It lasts longer than the paste. The poly charger fills in gaps of the polomer chain. This gives it better durability and enhances shine.

I use the polycharger in the winter, along with the wolfgang DGPS. Then in the summer I use the Wolfgang DGPS and either souveran, or p21S 100% nuba.

sal329
09-12-2008, 05:33 PM
I would use a sealant then top with Souveran Paste. That is what I plan on doing. Look at Wolfgang DGPS, Four Star, Duragloss 105 and Finish Kare Hi Temp 1000p.

LE_Man
09-12-2008, 05:43 PM
I would use a sealant then top with Souveran Paste. That is what I plan on doing. Look at Wolfgang DGPS, Four Star, Duragloss 105 and Finish Kare Hi Temp 1000p.

Do those Sealants work well with SSII also?

Thanks!

Getting ready for IKE--He a mean one...

1986mustanggt
09-12-2008, 06:08 PM

Thanks!

I use WG sealant with SSII on my bimmer, it is a great combo, at least I think so. I like SSII better than PS. I have 2 jars of PS and I only used one once and was not happy. I am happy I did not take advantage of the BOGO for PS but pissed I did not jump on the BOGO for SSII.

Jimmie
09-12-2008, 06:13 PM
You mentioned ease of use of the liquid wax. That used to be true but now the paste is as easy if not more so with the wowo paste waxes.
And, more fun to apply IMO.

sal329
09-12-2008, 08:42 PM

Thanks!

Give the sealants enough time to cure. My car (the only one I have tried SSII on) has 501, topped with DG 111, buffed off using OCW. This was done about 3 weeks prior to me puttin on SSII. I washed the car with ONR and then applied the SSII, I wanted to see how it looked an performed. So far I like it a lot.

ScottB
09-13-2008, 09:06 AM
Klasse twins, Wolfgang, Zaino, and Four Star all top well IMO and can add durability over just a carnaubas use. Valid for a two punch combo as wanted.

Souveran Paste and Liquid are indeed two very different formulas and different outcome. Liquid would be better on a daily driver. Polycharger additive adds additional gloss, and some suggest a little better durability.

AUdakota
09-13-2008, 11:14 AM
I cant say enough good things about the WGDGPS topped with Pinn. Souveran on black vehicles.

Many like the new Four Starr sealant as well.

Wendell Jarvis
09-13-2008, 12:55 PM
I cant say enough good things about the WGDGPS topped with Pinn. Souveran on black vehicles.

Many like the new Four Starr sealant as well.
Frank, I am wanting to try the Wolfgang Paint Sealant 3.0, what has been your experince with it? Is it best to put on a coat of Pinnacle Soveriegn, then Wolfgang Sealant or vice versa? Sealant then coat of wax? please advise......thanks........

ScottB
09-13-2008, 04:44 PM
Souveran is a wax and always comes last, the sealant can be used prior as wanted and where Wolfgang could come in with the equation.

Wendell Jarvis
09-14-2008, 03:19 AM
Souveran is a wax and always comes last, the sealant can be used prior as wanted and where Wolfgang could come in with the equation.
That was my logic of thinking too, just wanted to double check........thanks for the reply and talk to you soon.....thanks

Donald Greco
09-14-2008, 02:43 PM
I use XMT 360 with a G110 and then follow up with the Souveran Liquid.:awesome:

You can see a reflection about a foot deep.

ScottB
09-14-2008, 04:30 PM
I use XMT 360 with a G110 and then follow up with the Souveran Liquid.:awesome:

You can see a reflection about a foot deep.

because XMT360 offers some cleaning and polishing ability, and LS doesnt this certainly is the proper method to use both as a combo. Sounds delicious ...