PDA

View Full Version : Process

keke1987
09-12-2008, 01:29 PM
Hi I have a question I receive my stock
Wolfgang Clay
Wolfgang TSR 3.0
Wolfgang Finishing Glaze
Wolfgang Paintwork Polish Enhancer (necessary or not???)
Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0
Wolfgang Füzion Carnauba Polymer Estate Wax

Is this process is ok? and Wolfgang Paintwork Polish Enhancer is necessary or not, when i should use it? thank you

SwampeastMike
09-12-2008, 03:11 PM
I'm relatively new to Wolfgang products and have only given three vehicles the "full treatment" but have already found that not all require the same steps.

The key to a neglected finish seems to be an ALL-OVER and very thorough cleaning with clay and lubricant. Use the lightest of pressure and "attack" from every angle as opposed to bearing down on the clay. Yes, this can take hours, but the finish will be extraordinarily clean with many things you previously thought were true flaws now missing.

While I have not yet worked on a black or very dark finish, I've found that Paintwork Polish Enhancer used immediately after the clay (I do only hand work) will completely eliminate most swirls--many of which you thought would require a "true" polish--which no matter how gentle, does in fact remove some of the finish.

I have found a couple of panels that needed "more". In that case, I've clayed again and used Finishing Glaze, followed by another application of Polish Enhancer. Again, I have not worked with a black or very dark vehicle and while I'm very picky, I'm not really trying to turn a somewhat neglected finish into one of true show quality--I just go for head turning...

I have not used the Carnuba Polymer Estate Wax (either alone or over Deep Gloss Paint Sealant) as I've been extremely pleased with the ease of application, very good appearance and HIGH durability of the sealant. Three months after I applied it to the first vehicle, rain was still bouncing off the finish--just not quite as high. I honestly saw drivers at stoplights watching the rain bounce off my hood, look at their own (often very clean) and sort of shake their head.

To answer your questions directly, I would say that the process is definitely OK but that all of these steps may not be necessary on all vehicles. I would not however fail to use the Paintwork Polish Enhancer. As the name implies, it really does seem to enhance an existing polish without abrading the finish in any way.

The first time I used Polish Enhancer it was on one half of a hood after a thorough clay job on a 10 year-old factory clearcoat finish. The difference was truly night-and-day and I saw zero need for any, more aggressive, treatment.

keke1987
09-12-2008, 06:22 PM
really really thank you