PDA

View Full Version : LC Foam Hand Applicator Pads

nrengle
09-12-2008, 12:44 PM
I used these yesterday on a Dodge Ram Crew Cab. I'm a firm believer in them now. My process was all by hand for testing (and the fact that the power company was working on the lines in the area moving poles so power was off and on).

Wash with Mothers (not using my good stuff on this farm truck)

Clayed with Mothers Clay and ONR at QD strength. (I decimated a entire new piece of clay on this truck it was that bad)

Polished with KAIO on the white hand applicator

Dressed all trim with Mothers Back to Black, and Protectant (again not my good stuff!)

Then topped with Wolfgang DGPS with the red hand applicator as this is the only detail or even wash that the truck has seen since it was bought about 2 years ago.

It's silver, so swirls aren't really visible, but there were a few that do need polished out, but again with the power off and on, wasn't going to attempt. It was a freebie for my soon to be grandfather in-law anyways...

Truck looked great afterwards, DGPS got to cure for at least 12 hours now, but it's too bad it's going to rain for the enxt week so won't be able to get good pictures for a while.

Also doing this whole detail by hand too nearly 12 hours! :D

dublifecrisis
09-12-2008, 01:48 PM
hey I have a few of these oval shaped pads too!! I haven't personally used them yet but my neighbor asked me for a quick set-up (something he could use). I handed him the white hand foam pad and some Duragloss 105. He came back an hour later and was really stoked on the outcome on his wife's Acura MDX. The white pad was really dirty so I assume it did the trick of doing some cleaning and effectively applying the sealant. I have the red and orange too and thinking if I ever do any hand polishing with orange and maybe Meg's 105 and the red for laying down a nice wax.

nrengle
09-12-2008, 02:27 PM
Yeah my white pad had turned just about black... The only thing I don't like for polishing is you it's kinda hard to clean the pad. I found a few spritz' with a QD and a toothbrush (one of the ones with the rubber fibers too), worked pretty well. I watched the white pad take off some kind of fallout, looked like rust almost from the paint like it was nothing with the KAIO.

Meghan
09-12-2008, 02:35 PM
Glad you like those pads, one thing nice about them is they are easy to handle due to the shape. The small yellow polyfoam tend to slip out of my hand when applying wax... but not the Euro CCS pads.

nrengle
09-12-2008, 02:52 PM
Yeah I'm definitely sold on them. I'm gonna have to buy a few more packs of them I think. Or maybe at least a red and white.

Jimmie
09-12-2008, 06:33 PM
Where are you finding them nrengle? Found these but I don't think this is what you're taking about. Flex Foam Wax Pockets 3 Pack (http://www.autogeek.net/flex-foam-wax-pockets-3.html)

nrengle
09-12-2008, 08:21 PM
CCS Euro Foam Hand Polish Applicators - Hand polish, hand detail, foam applicators, CCS foam pads, polishing pad (http://www.autogeek.net/ccs-foam-hand-applicators.html)

GiXx
09-13-2008, 01:00 AM
i actually just got the orange and whites myself.....cant to use them for getting under my door handles where i couldnt get with the PC. glad there have been positive reviews and now definately cant wait to try them

nrengle
09-13-2008, 01:27 AM
One thing I noticed though with the white pad and KAIO is that when the pad starts to dry a bit, or get a bit gummy it will stop on the paint immediately. I almost dropped it a couple times because of it. That's when I would hit it with some QD and a toothbrush to spur it sort of.