PDA

View Full Version : DGPS vs DG 105? Final Verdict , Please!

rags2rich's
09-12-2008, 01:00 AM
Guys- killerwheels - friends, and all Big Fish in this pond.. a final word please.. Before making next AG purchase. Major detail, I've narrowed my selections.. Goal= Looks + Protection

White Dodge Ram Mega Cab 4X4 w/ minor swirls (yes.. WHITE)

Wash: DG 901, Clay: WG Poly clay, Wheels: P21S Gel

PLAN A
XMT1 (orange pad)
DG #501
DG #105
MaxWax
Aquawax
(= Shiny+Reflective)

PLAN B
Wolfgang TSR 3.0 (white pad)
Wolfgang Finishing Glaze 3.0
Wolfgang DGPS 3.0
Liquid Souveran Wax w/ polycharger (Souveran Paste Wax better on white?)
Souveran Spray Wax
(= Wet+Depth)

also- I read that Chevy (Corvette) have "hard" clearcoats.. and Toyota have "soft." .. Are Crysler/Dodge "hard, medium, or soft" clearcoats?

..would WG Total Swirl Remover be too "aggressive" since WG 3.0 now has Menzerna polymers??.. (thus the white pad selection)

How does Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover measure up? -Do I use pads w/ more cut with "less aggressive" finishing polish -or- less softer pads w/ more aggressive polish??

Feed back please Thanks

ScottB
09-12-2008, 08:20 AM
I personally like the looks of Wolfgang over Duragloss. So plan B, and you will be fine with the ceramiclear polishes. (its not the polymers, its the type of abrasive)

sal329
09-12-2008, 11:04 AM
It is hard to say what pad you will need. Use a test spot start with least aggressive combo and work up from there until you get the result then that is how you attack the car. I would have atleast a medium polish, finishing polish and LSP. DG 501 is an awesome paint cleaner. Let it cure for 12 hours and then top it with a sealant like DG 105 or the Wolfgang. Use the Wolfgang Duo to polish the car, then clean the white paint with DG 501, allow 12 hours to cure then top with LSP of your choice. I personally like 501, topped with either NXT 2.0 or DG 111, use OCW to wipe off the 2.0 or 111. Then the next wash use SSII. I am still waiting to try P21s 100% and Souveran.

67Customs
09-12-2008, 11:46 AM
I think you will be happier with Pla A and so will your wallet.

I have seen Souveran spray wax and Aqua Wax side by side and Aqua Wax looked deeper and wetter.

And really, it doesn't matter what you put on before it (wax/sealant wise), the LSP is going to give you your final look.

buja
09-12-2008, 11:57 AM
a bit of a sidetrack here, but does the 501 need 12 hours to cure , then lsp (wax) ?

supercharged
09-12-2008, 03:38 PM
this new DGPS has improved durability. And that's what I'd use for the look...as far as winter protection - DG #105...

Jimmie
09-12-2008, 06:20 PM
+1 for plan B. If you go with plan A I'd make one change. I'd get XMT #2. It is very close to #1 with slighly more cut. It will still finish LSP ready.

sal329
09-12-2008, 08:39 PM
a bit of a sidetrack here, but does the 501 need 12 hours to cure , then lsp (wax) ?

If you want to use it as just a cleaner (which is what I do) then no. I have applied NXT 2.0, DG 111, and FK Hi Temp (not all at the same time) over the 501 about an hour after I buffed it off.
If you want the 501 to be used as a sealant then yes you will need to let it cure before adding something on top.

mrb
09-12-2008, 09:22 PM
Wolfgang,I am not if I did not properly use the DG product but, it left a white haze on my black Avalone. Went back to polish, Soverian Carnaba wax. This is a garage kept car.

Collinate 45 is the easiest product I have used for a ourside vechile.
Some polish than the Collinate 45 and let it rain who cares.